Logan. The Wolverine ere

Soldato
I thought it was a great trailer for what looks to a "proper" film about characters and story rather than the usual CGI-Fest "super-hero must save the world yet again" guff we normally get.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Yup, that was dire.

Wolverine looks really old in this, so how can Prof X still be alive?

I wish they would just hurry up and make a TLOU move with Hugh Jackman.

This movie is based on a Wolverine arc called Old man Logan. It basically (without spoilers) set in post apocalyptic future. However from the trailers I don't think they are following the story exactly (impossible with characters rights available to Fox) but rather takes bits out and make up the rest. I personally think this may be a huge mistake so not really sure either if it is good or bad at this point.

As for being R rated you got Deadpool the movie to thank for that. The Wolverine story and character concept has always been brutal and violent so glad they are finally brave enough to do it some justice. About bloody time :D

Last edited:
Soldato
For me it's the most interesting looking wolverine trailer (and arguably all xmen trailers) so far. Obviously a trailer is not the final film.

Caporegime
Just read the comics story line for this, certainly going to be interesting to see what they do for the film. It is pretty grim what wolverine does to say the least (granted not his fault) :(

Associate
This movie is based on a Wolverine arc called Old man Logan. It basically (without spoilers) set in post apocalyptic future. However from the trailers I don't think they are following the story exactly (impossible with characters rights available to Fox) but rather takes bits out and make up the rest. I personally think this may be a huge mistake so not really sure either if it is good or bad at this point.

As for being R rated you got Deadpool the movie to thank for that. The Wolverine story and character concept has always been brutal and violent so glad they are finally brave enough to do it some justice. About bloody time :D

Yes I'm familiar with Old Man Logan, hence my disappointment with the trailer. It looks like they've made an inferior version of the story. Hopefully it's just a bad trailer and the movie will still be good, but I've despised every X-Men/Wolverine film so far. They need to just give the rights back to Marvel.

Caporegime
I thought all the x men films were superb (especially days of future past) except for the first one.

Wolverine's films weren't great though.

Soldato
Yes I'm familiar with Old Man Logan, hence my disappointment with the trailer. It looks like they've made an inferior version of the story. Hopefully it's just a bad trailer and the movie will still be good, but I've despised every X-Men/Wolverine film so far. They need to just give the rights back to Marvel.

To be fair, I've yet to see a Marvel Film (regardless of which studio produced it) that lived up to the comics. Don't get me wrong, there have been good movies, but nothing I'd suggest will be held up as a classic film in 10-20 years time.

As for the other guys DC, the comics they are based on were never that great to me, so actually some of the Batman films out do their sources IMHO, I wouldn't rate any of them as classics either however.

Soldato
Yes I'm familiar with Old Man Logan, hence my disappointment with the trailer. It looks like they've made an inferior version of the story.

You DO know that they can't make Old Man Logan don't you????

Just like all the Marvel movies (Civil War etc) the "comic" story can't be used for a film because it's awful - Wolverine gets eaten by the Hulk FFS - it just doesn't work as a film.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
It looks like they've made an inferior version of the story. Hopefully it's just a bad trailer and the movie will still be good.

That is my concern too. When the studios move away from the source material and starts making stuff up :rolleyes:. It tends to be awful. X3, Electra, Wolverine Origins, F4.... The list goes on. Hugh Jackman has hinted this may be his last Wolverine movie so I hope they do him and the character some justice and make a fitting send off. Personally think this story would not be my first choice especially if it going to be R rated but I have been wrong before. Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool was ones I doubted and I was very surprised and happy with the outcome.

Just wanted to mention X-Men Age of Apocalypse may not have been perfect but it was a very clever movie imo. It pretty much wiped out the previous Fox mistakes like X3 and other Wolverine failures when they changed the future with time travel.

To be fair, I've yet to see a Marvel Film (regardless of which studio produced it) that lived up to the comics. Don't get me wrong, there have been good movies, but nothing I'd suggest will be held up as a classic film in 10-20 years time.

Well it depends on your definition of a classic. From the sound of it your not really a comic fan. Good movies where they got it right imo, Iron Man, Avengers, Captain America - Winter Soldier, Captain America - Civil War, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant Man but of course that is in my opinion and ticked all the right boxes for me.

Last edited:
Soldato
That is my concern too. When the studios move away from the source material and starts making stuff up :rolleyes:. It tends to be awful. X3, Electra, Wolverine Origins, F4.... The list goes on. Hugh Jackman has hinted this may be his last Wolverine movie so I hope they do him and the character some justice and make a fitting send off. Personally think this story would not be my first choice especially if it going to be R rated but I have been wrong before. Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool was ones I doubted and I was very surprised and happy with the outcome.

Just wanted to mention X-Men Age of Apocalypse may not have been perfect but it was a very clever movie imo. It pretty much wiped out the previous Fox mistakes like X3 and other Wolverine failures when they changed the future with time travel.

Well it depends on your definition of a classic. From the sound of it your not really a comic fan. Good movies where they got it right imo, Iron Man, Avengers, Captain America - Winter Soldier, Captain America - Civil War, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant Man but of course that is in my opinion and ticked all the right boxes for me.

No I'm very much a fan, specifically of marvel comics and of film. I'm saying none of the comic book adaptations live up to the sources and subsequently are not what I would call classic movies. At least one Marvel film should have had the stature of a star wars empire strikes back or lord of the rings two towers, yet none that I've seen come close.

Soldato
Preferred the 1st trailer TBH but this still looks like it will be an OK film, although I agree that the "swearing for swearing sake" is not really necessary just because you have an 18 cert.

Back
Top Bottom