Logitech 5.1 X-540 or Z506 or just a 2.1 corsair SP2200?

Associate
I have had the X-540s but sold them as a headset was just better for me.

However I am guessing that the Corsair will be better quality though.

What do you want them for?

Soldato
Logitech 506's if you play games and watch movies more then music. 5.1 helps with movies and the dialogue is easier to follow with 5.1 and makes gaming more fun because you can hear enemies for example coming from behind you in FPS games.

Corsair SP2200 if you listen to more music then game and watch movies.

Do you have a sound card for your pc or using onboard ? I would get a good sound card to make the most out of 5.1 and even 2.1.

Associate
OP
I'm using the creative fatality pro sound card, i read some reviews on the logitech 506 about some problems with static noises but i can get these speakers for about £55 or less... so i'm not sure if i should take the risk.

Soldato
The X-540 seems to be a better made product than the Z506. Also, the SP2200 are expensive for what you get.

He said he likes music too, reason I said the Z506's is because the Z506's have tweeters on the satellite speakers, which will make music sound nicer and the system will sound brighter (Logitech speakers always sound a bit bass heavy for my liking) and I have the now finally repaired Z-5500's :rolleyes: (turned out to be one of the PSU Caps had failed and replacing that fixed it :D) and Z906's that were warranty replacements for the faulty Z-5500's my brother purchased them and has them now and again they sound fine, not exactly sure if they sound any better or worse then the Z-5500's because his room has differenet acoustic characteristics from my room that I have the Z-5500's in, also the control pod was perfect for him and the Z906's have 2 optical and 1 coax digital at the back of the subwoofer for all his gear, the Z-5500's only have 1 optical and 1 coax digital input on the control pod.

Agree with you maybe the X-540's too. They are good and have the matrix sound feature which turns on all the speakers when listening to 2 channel sources, but again sound cards can do that too and turn on all the speakers for 2 channels.

I would personally get the Z506's for the fact they have that tweeter and should make them sound nicer for music but never listened to them so no idea.

Nice review here

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/10/logitech-z506-review/

but the outcome is the X-540's are the ones to go for instead of the Z506's, better bang for buck as they put it.. So I would go with what they say mate they are respectable reviewers in my opinion.

Ohh also Andrew Moore when are you guys getting some Edifier S550 5.1 Speakers back in stock mate ? Have a few friends I convinced to get them over the other speakers without digital inputs ;), they are waiting for you guys to stock them again.

Last edited:
Associate
The Z506's are terrible. They have NO tweeters and do sound distant and hollow, with veiled highs. Center speaker sounds poor. 1 way speakers with such a small driver was to be expected. Sold them right away. Got the X530's and the difference is night and day. 2 way speakers, they sound richer and fuller and not distant at all. They have better highs, clearer vocals and the overall experience is of a more expensive 5.1 system. Which is not. Center speaker sounds much better than the Z506's. A shame the Z506 are a downgrade, seems to me that the new Z607's will beat the X530 due to the huge size of the drivers. Unfortunately still no tweeter though. But I'm not considering getting the z607's, since the X530's are so good. The logical upgrade for me will be Z906.

Last edited:
Soldato
Still using my Z506's, had them for 8 years according to this thread :p

Gaming/bit of Spotify etc., no issues. Would recommend. - can't remember even buying them now or for how much if I'm honest!

Back
Top Bottom