1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech G502 Proteus Core tunable 12,000 dpi gaming mouse

Discussion in 'Gaming Peripherals' started by RavenXXX2, Apr 8, 2014.

1. RavenXXX2

Capodecina

2. H2F Scott

Mobster

"The sensor employs Logitech's Delta Zero technology which offers "unparalleled tracking performance and responsiveness," thanks to its zero sensor acceleration, zero smoothing or filtering, and zero pixel rounding config."

This is a huge claim that I don't believe until I see tests

3. Twirlywoos

PermaBanned

Corded only? Whilst I live Logitech mice their lgs software is ****

4. MrMarvelous

Soldato

Oh God, will this be the year that high DPI = better mouse?

Here we go...

5. H2F Scott

Mobster

However in this case they are claming that their new sensor is actually good. Not just "look at this dpi", but rather "look at how there's no accleration, smoothing, etc as well as whatever dpi you want". If what they are saying is true, then this could actually have the best sensor of any mouse to date.

6. Make

Wise Guy

I like the look of this a lot. Seems to fit a fingertip grip too.

7. Twirlywoos

PermaBanned

And here lies the problem. How do you measure that or is it one person's opinion?

8. Twirlywoos

PermaBanned

9. thel33ter

Gangster

I really like the look of it, 12000dpi is nuts though, surely no one can actually use it on that setting?

10. Make

Wise Guy

12000 on a 4K screen is probably 6000 on a 1080p screen, right?

Or am I doing my maths wrong.

I use about 5400 on a 1080p screen.

11. Ryan-3

Sgarrista

If this is as good as it's meant to be, i'll replace my G9x with it.

But only because the scroll wheel has become impossible to click with - it has always been a bit of a pain though - and the feet are at the start of losing their slide. Plus, who doesn't want a new shiny mouse? :p

12. B-Cool

Associate

I was thinking this too, not that there's anything wrong with mine, but the Proteus is shinier and has more buttons.

13. bishi

Gangster

So I want one... But 12000? After all the mice i've been through (most of them) I still end up using 700-1000 dpi because games / software / OS just don't work right if you set it higher.
    Still, Newer... Shinier...

14. Shaade

Associate

When will this mouse be available from OCUK?

I don't see any mention of it on the site, and it became available from Newegg today 15/04/14.

15. Tripnologist

Mobster

I'm intrigued by the 'zero pixel rounding config' and wonder if that means a high mouse dpi + low windows mouse sensitivity will be viable.

I tried to use 8200 dpi and a lower windows setting and although it felt better and even more silky smooth than usual, something just wasn't right in-game.
    I was constantly missing shots that I could normally make with ease, so after allowing a few days for adjustment, I recording some gameplay and found that my shots were still spot on, but weren't registering. I switched back to my normal settings and everything was fine again.

16. RavenXXX2

Capodecina

17. Twirlywoos

PermaBanned

OCUK when you getting these in stock?

18. Shaade

Associate

I contacted them through the webnote feature and the reply was: "I dont have a definite answer for you, as we have heard nothing from the purchasing team as of yet."

I've been on Logitech's own forums too, and apparently even Logitech themselves don't know when the mouse will be coming to the UK/EU...so, who knows how long we'll be waiting.

You can always import one from the US though, if you don't mind the import charges.

19. Stas823

Wise Guy

how much import charges these days on small items like that? its not still £20+?

20. Shaade

Associate

I live in Northern Ireland, so my charges are probably going to be different to that of mainland-UK - but here's what i'm getting:

Newegg:
    Import Fee: £11.31
    Shipping: £10.86

Amazon.com:
    Import Fee: £10.93
    Shipping: £5.19

Amazon.com is cheaper obviously, but that's still an extra £16 over something i'd get from Amazon.co.uk :( But then maybe the mouse itself will be more expensive here when it's released, like computer hardware usually is.