Logitech G502 Proteus Core tunable 12,000 dpi gaming mouse

Associate
Yup. You can set it as always on or off, or on but switch off when the mouse isn't in use. I set mine to switch off after a minute.

Associate
Sorry to hijack this thread.
Anyone used both this and the Mad Catz Cyborg MMO 7? Not sure which to go with. I have a Logitech G5 atm which I kinda like the size of. The one comment I fear the most is "cheap feeling" and that's one I have read from comment somewhere on the Cyborg. How does this Logitech feel, premium I guess?

Associate
Sorry to hijack this thread.
Anyone used both this and the Mad Catz Cyborg MMO 7? Not sure which to go with. I have a Logitech G5 atm which I kinda like the size of. The one comment I fear the most is "cheap feeling" and that's one I have read from comment somewhere on the Cyborg. How does this Logitech feel, premium I guess?

Heavy and premium. I came from G5 to the G502. I could go on forever recommending this :)

Best mouse I have ever used. But I never tried mad catz ones, i heard they are good as well but had durability issues.

Associate
Does anyone have any more thoughts on this mouse after using it a bit longer?

I currently have a G500 and as the left mouse button isn't working very well I'm looking at getting the G502. Other than the obvious, the main thing I noticed is the sensor is now in the middle instead near the front of the mouse, I presume this doesn't take much getting used to?

I use a finger grip using my thumb and little finger with a slightly raised palm off the mouse. I know the mouse is a bit taller but I think it should be comfortable.

Associate
had mine about a week now it feels well nicer than the g9x or the g500
the nicest thing is having a button to stop the wheel from spinning

Last edited:
Associate
Well i have my new G502 mouse and it all looks good and works. However, the logitech gaming software doesn't detect it even after re-downloading/re-installing/rebooting trying USB2&3 ports etc.

As soon as I plug in my old G500 it appears straight away.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Associate
It's fine now :) I had to manual update the hid device driver using device manager. The first time in many many years I had to manually update a driver like this but at least in now appearing in LGS!

My first impressions of the mouse is it's very smooth/accurate, it's going to take a bit of getting used to even though I'm only moving from to it from a G500.

My only downside at the moment is even though the mouse feels high quality, the two main mouse buttons feel a bit flimsy/lightweight.

Associate
My G502 arrived today :D
It is definitely a really nice mouse however doesnt feel that much different to my razer spectre that i had before.
Also whats the use for the little silver magnet that came taped to the side of the box?

Last edited:
Associate
My G502 arrived today :D
It is definitely a really nice mouse however doesnt feel that much different to my razer spectre that i had before.
Also whats the use for the little silver magnet that came taped to the side of the box?

That's to keep the box cover closed :)

What do you think of the left and right mouse buttons? To me they feel and seem good but a bit flimsy.

If I have any moisture on a finger in contact with the button and lift it up the button pings up and back down (I can hear the plastic twang).

Associate
That's to keep the box cover closed :)

What do you think of the left and right mouse buttons? To me they feel and seem good but a bit flimsy.

If I have any moisture on a finger in contact with the button and lift it up the button pings up and back down (I can hear the plastic twang).

I don't really have anything to compare the mouse buttons to. The m1 and m2 on spectre were pretty much the same except that you could change how hard they were to press (and i used the setting which is the same as the g502). My only complaint about the mouse is that its a bit difficult to reach the forward most mouse buttons with an average hand size.

Associate
Fair enough, it's mainly because the left and right mouse buttons have a bit of play in them (quite a bit on the right button) and if the button raises up above the standard position and you let go it pings back making a slightly annoying sound :(

I think it's also partly due to the two main mouse buttons being smooth plastic rather than having a nice coating on them.

On the forward button - yeah you either need long fingers or move your grip quite a bit forward. If it use a palm grip it's ok but I use the a finger/claw grip which makes it a bit harder! I just end up using the dpi switches at the moment.

Associate
Fair enough, it's mainly because the left and right mouse buttons have a bit of play in them (quite a bit on the right button) and if the button raises up above the standard position and you let go it pings back making a slightly annoying sound :(

Oh yes haha i just did it with rmb lifting it up slightly it does make a noise. I dont really get sticky fingers other than palm of my hand so not sure whether it would make difference in actual usage.

Associate
Iv been eyeballing this mouse for some time now and I developed a upgrade itch I wonder am I wasting my time jumping to this from a Naos 5000

Associate
feature-wise i think the g502 is exclusive to the model i think its also having some availability issues as ocuk dont stock them and even on the bay there aren't many.

Associate
tempted by this. very tempted. It has the DPI clutch i wanted, as well as the scroll wheel that does side to side clicking. much better for reload macro! just flick the finger then! But just worried its over kill at 12000 dpi! as i use around 3400!

edit - i'm aare you can lower it! but you know what i mean!

Back
Top Bottom