Logitech G502 Proteus Core tunable 12,000 dpi gaming mouse

Soldato
Picked a G602 to try, have to say i'm seriously impressed and actually think it feels smoother than my G500S at the same dpi, must be the optical.

Soldato
Well, I'm sticking with my Logitech G500 for now, I can't get used to the lower height, and shape.

I've got small hands and wouldn't recommend the G502 if you're a palm grip user.

Hopefully Logitech will release a new palm grip mouse with the new sensor.

Associate
Does anyone have an issue with the scroll wheel? It feels loose and isn't the best one I've used but the main issue is when you swipe left and right you can feel the wheel moving hitting the sides... apparently i'm not the only one after looking online.

Permabanned
The spinning bug has now been fixed, no more erratic mouse behaviour on anything other than the default profile. Update to the latest LGS and update your mouse's firmware when prompted. You may need to restart your machine a couple of times if it doesn't work.

I refused to let Logitech palm me of with this bug by offering a free RMA replacement. There was nothing wrong with the mouse's hardware as this issue was widely reported.

Software Version: 8.72.98
Post Date: Aug 31, 2015
File Size: 85 MB
Logitech Gaming Software lets you customize Logitech G gaming mice, keyboards, headsets and select wheels.

Logitech Gaming Software includes third-party software components, libraries, and frameworks, including, but not limited to, the third-party software listed below:

Digia QT - Application and User Interface Framework
Microsoft Runtime Libraries - Application and Hardware Support
These included third party software components provide key functionality to Logitech Gaming Software and are included in the software installation package.

Why Update?
NOTE: Windows 7 users may need to install Windows Update KB3033929 to ensure driver compatibility with this LGS update.

New features:

Added support for G633 Artemis Spectrum RGB 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset
Added Color Sync feature for G303, G633 and G910
Game Mode support added for G910
Improved Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound Driver
LGS now prompts for system restart on completion of install (needed to enable Dolby update)
Added ability to disable device startup effect for the G303, G633 and G910 in Settings

Bug fixes:
G502 buttons visually misaligned in LGS
G930 power-off after 15 minutes.
LgCoreTemp driver remaining after LGS uninstall

Firmware upgrades:
G303
Added RGB effect synchronization capability
Fixed a tracking issue that could occasionally cause erratic cursor behavior
G910
Enhanced color effect animations
Expanded game mode feature
G502
Fixed a tracking issue that could occasionally cause erratic cursor behavior

New Game Profiles:
Heroes of the Storm
Dragon Age: Inquisition

Select your operating system from the drop-down menu on the left. To determine your operating system:
Windows — Click Start > Run, or in the "Search" box, type winver.exe and press Enter.
Select the software you want to download.
Select the installation type or file.
Click Download.

http://support.logitech.com/software/gaming-software

Last edited:
Associate
I love my G502 so much its a great mouse and feels amazing... but at the same time I perform better on my £20 sharkoon fireglider which... is IMO the best feeling mouse you can get.. actually feels better than the g502 which is a bit sad considering the price leap.

How long did it take you guys to get used to it? I use a claw grip.

Associate
Got mine when they first came out ,use it daily for gaming no problem with the feet or anything else

I only had 1 gripe every now and again it would stop responding and I would need to pull the usb plug out but this seems to be fixed with the last firmware update

Associate
Does anyone have anything to contribute to the "feet wearing away over a short time" issue.

Maybe this was on an older version and it has been resolved now?

I ordered mine on the 8th of January, feet are still going strong is the rest of the mouse. The feet aren't even pealing or anything like that.

It has been used on a Perixx DX-2000XXL for its entire life.

Permabanned
Does anyone have anything to contribute to the "feet wearing away over a short time" issue.

Maybe this was on an older version and it has been resolved now?

Never had a problem with the stock skates on mine although I did replace them for some competition ones because I used a textured hard plastic mat and they became a bit scratchy but that was probably because it picked up some debris whilst gliding.

I have nothing but appraisal for these feet as do others on OCN

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hotline-Games-Logitech-G502-Mouse-Feet-2014-Edition-/121402762810

Associate
Used it for over a year now. I had a G9x for about 4 years before it, and a G500 before that. It's like a baby between the 2 so I've quite enjoyed using it. The side groovings haven't worn away yet which was a problem with the G9x shells, so that's nice.

Soldato
Never had a problem with the stock skates on mine although I did replace them for some competition ones because I used a textured hard plastic mat and they became a bit scratchy but that was probably because it picked up some debris whilst gliding.

I have nothing but appraisal for these feet as do others on OCN

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hotline-Games-Logitech-G502-Mouse-Feet-2014-Edition-/121402762810

Those replacement "skates" look tempting, I might have to get some. It's a shame OcUK don't stock that sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom