Logitech G502 Proteus Core tunable 12,000 dpi gaming mouse

Soldato
I today took delivery of a replacement G502 ratter and I still have the old one to boot, which I'll now take apart and attempt a repair.

I bought my G502 last September and it has been absolutely flawless in every area. Then about a week ago the mouse wheel got stuck in a permanently depressed state. I could have opened it and possibly fixed it but I thought I'd try out Logitech support since it was well within warranty.

Suffice to say they were excellent and shipped a replacement via UPS after asking for a few photos. Just plugged the bugger in and it's good to be back. I was using my old Performance MX whilst I waited and that mouse is a tad battered. Great stuff from Logitech.

Soldato
Ok got my G502 the other day, for a lovely price. Hands down the best mouse I have ever used. The free scrolling is fantastic, clicks feel great and it's generally a joy to use.

Associate
Bought one of these on special offer this week. Finally got a chance to try it tonight and first impressions are good. Buttons have got a nice feel to them, mouse tracks great. Cable is a little heavy, needs positioning correctly so it doesn't drag the mouse or impede movement. Software looks OK, just need to get used to it after using my Cyborg Rat 7 MMO for so long.

Associate
I've had my G502 for a year now and it's still working perfectly.Whilst it's look is a bit unusual it is very comfortable and responsive and a perfect fit for my small to average hands.

Associate
I've just got one of these to replace my terrible wireless Razer Mamba (2012). Love it so far, but I hate the scroll wheel! Ugh it feels horrible, so horrible in fact that I've found a tutorial on how to remove and add a G500 scroll wheel and I've purchased a replace one from ebay!

Soldato
Got one today - initial impressions -

Seems nice in the hand, buttons are nice and light. Looks nice, once the blue light is turned down!

Annoying things - the scroll wheel has no click/notches. Can't get used to that at all! (EDIT - just found that pressing the button behind the wheel does this!!!!)
Need to get the dpi properly for ingame. I keep clicking the dpi change buttons a lot.

Caporegime
Been eyeing up this mouse as a possible replacement for a G500. If anyone has used both, how do they compare? A relative has one but i havent had the chance to try it out yet but certainly do like the look of it.

Associate
Got one today - initial impressions -

Seems nice in the hand, buttons are nice and light. Looks nice, once the blue light is turned down!

Annoying things - the scroll wheel has no click/notches. Can't get used to that at all! (EDIT - just found that pressing the button behind the wheel does this!!!!)
Need to get the dpi properly for ingame. I keep clicking the dpi change buttons a lot.

I hate the scroll wheel too, but I find clicking the button behind the wheel to stop the clicking just makes the functionality of the wheel really bad! I might have to go back to the Razer Mamba at this rate :mad:

Back
Top Bottom