Logitech G502 Proteus Core tunable 12,000 dpi gaming mouse

Associate
I must have gone through a G500 every 6 months until I went elsewhere. Anyone had any reliability issues with these? The primary mouse button would usually fail on me.

Associate
I had old MX510 which died couple of years back. Replaced with Zowie EC1, loved it to death but button died. I now have the 502 and it is familiar to the MX510. I wouldnt say its as comfortable as the Zowie or the MX510 however I love the sensor and the changeable weights can make a massive difference to the feel.

So far so good.

Soldato
i've got mine now and i think it's going to be a struggle to adjust to it. I find im sometimes hitting DPI- instead of left click because of my fat fingers and there's less mouse to hold on to than the mx518 it replaces. and that dpi shift button, who has thumbs long enough to use it without shifting your whole grip forward? madness. I'll get used to it, it'll just take time. performance is good though, very good.

Associate
i've got mine now and i think it's going to be a struggle to adjust to it. I find im sometimes hitting DPI- instead of left click because of my fat fingers and there's less mouse to hold on to than the mx518 it replaces. and that dpi shift button, who has thumbs long enough to use it without shifting your whole grip forward? madness. I'll get used to it, it'll just take time. performance is good though, very good.
Do what I did, just change the profile so only one DPI option is available then the DPI button wont do anything.

Permabanned
Not sure if this is real but there seems to be a rgb version of this mouse yet I can't see it on Logitech's site

https://www.reddit.com/r/G502MasterRace/comments/3oty01/i_thought_i_bought_a_g502_proteus_core/

Now confirmed as true as Rainforest Germany now have a place holder for it. No wonder UK were selling the G502 of cheap.

G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse your preferred High Performance Gaming Mouse now with even more powerful features
Comfortable design with textured grip surfaces
Configurable RGB backlight with up to 16.8 million colors
Accurate and responsive optical sensor (PMW3366, 12,000 DPI)
127 g
11.5 x 6.5 x 3.7 cm
Model:910-004617

Differences:
RGB
Could be potentially lighter if that is the weight inc cable as the G502 is 121g (mouse only) 168g (with cable)
Smaller as G502 is 7.5 x 13.2 x 4 cm

Last edited:
Permabanned
Soldato
Been eyeing up this mouse as a possible replacement for a G500. If anyone has used both, how do they compare? A relative has one but i havent had the chance to try it out yet but certainly do like the look of it.

I come from G500 to G502, the feel is very similar but the G502 has much better grip I feel. The tracking and mouse clicks are also much better on this version.

If you like the G500 you love the G502 its a decent upgrade.

Caporegime
I come from G500 to G502, the feel is very similar but the G502 has much better grip I feel. The tracking and mouse clicks are also much better on this version.

If you like the G500 you love the G502 its a decent upgrade.

Borrowed my nephews for a few days this week. Is indeed much easier to grip. I'll likely wait till the rgb version is released, small point but I'm not that keen on the blue lighting.

Soldato
Just pre-orded the G502 Spectrum :).

Hopefully it'll be good. I haven't really owned a gaming mouse before (I did have a Mad Catz R.A.T 7 for a bit but if broke). I might even start playing FPS games on my PC again with this mouse. I haven't fired up Crysis or Far Cry in ages because my current mouse kinda sucks at it.

Soldato
looks like the only difference between the spectrum and the proteus is just the RGB lighting!

Yep. But at least I can make my mouse match my headset now :p. If I already has a G502 Proteus Core there is no way I would upgrade to the Proteus Spectrum though that would just be a ridiculous waste of money. It is exactly the same mouse just with different colours and you'd have to be pretty obsessive to spend however much it is just so the colours match.

My Proteus Spectrum was delivered today but everyone was out so I have to pick it up from the post office tomorrow morning. Looking forward to trying it out :).

Edit: The odd thing is that the company I ordered it from still say it won't be released until the 11th of Feburary but it definitely arrived today since I have a "we missed you" note from the post man. Oh well I'm not complaining I really want to try out this mouse.

Last edited:
Associate
They had black friday / pre-christmas deals this year on the Core for £35 GBP to shift an excess of manufacturing stock it seems.

So you could get the core for that reason, because its 1/2 the price when on sale. And probably theres some setting to dim or turn off the blue LED. The bottom is still blue plastic though.

However I thing there's another minor advantage of the spectrum. Its supposed to be 6 gramms lighter now isnt it? Not much really.

Soldato
My bad it wasn't the mouse that was delivered it was some other package I had ordered 3 months ago and completely forgotten about. Oh well I guess I'll have to wait until the 11th of February then.

Back
Top Bottom