Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Soldato
g810.jpg

This looks really interesting, particularly if the keys are as quiet as they say. Personally I've always found even brown Cherry switches a bit on the loud side.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/02/04/logitech-g810-orion-spectrum-gaming-keyboard-review

Good to have options, albeit pricey (around £150 it would appear)... but anything RGB is these days it seems!!

Soldato
OP
16.8 million colours... Now I'm not sure.. But I think that's slightly overkill.

Not at all actually, as viewing all colours at a rate of 1 colour per second would only take approximately 193 days, at which point what more is there to see? So when you think about it, this is a very boring number of colours and not nearly enough! I want a lifetime of different colours, and as I plan living at least another 60 years, I am holding out for a 1.9 billion colour keyboard, because I NEVER want to see the same colour twice.

Associate
Romer-G over cherry? I think that'll be a pass. At least it looks like they are keeping a fairly standard key layout so changing the keys won't be a pain (assuming they still have the + stem).

Looks nice and clean and has a rolling volume bar which is a nice addition!

Associate
Not at all actually, as viewing all colours at a rate of 1 colour per second would only take approximately 193 days, at which point what more is there to see? So when you think about it, this is a very boring number of colours and not nearly enough! I want a lifetime of different colours, and as I plan living at least another 60 years, I am holding out for a 1.9 billion colour keyboard, because I NEVER want to see the same colour twice.

LOL.

My Corsair Strafe only has one colour - red - what am I going to do?!?!

Associate
I actually kinda digg this plain looking style, I don't like that "flashy" design like G910 and G410 have.

By this video it seems that it doesn't have brightness levels, just on and off. :/

Associate
Where blue tinted glasses and enjoy the the new purple??
Must resist posting scientific reasons as to why that won't work :D
However as far as the keyboard is concerned I actually kind of like the design, it's certainly nicer than the G910 and at least it doesn't have the light leaking like the Cherry RGB switches although I'm not sure if the feel of the switches will be as good. Also it looks like they've put those awfull domed keycaps to rest :)

Associate
I actually kinda digg this plain looking style, I don't like that "flashy" design like G910 and G410 have.

By this video it seems that it doesn't have brightness levels, just on and off. :/

I have a 910 but like you I prefer a simpler design so I've already ordered a 810. (it should arrive tomorrow)

If you want less bright colours you can change the brightness either per key or for all keys as part of the colour settings. I know it's more complicated than just pressing a key but it allows so much more personalisation.

Associate
I personally wouldn't consider a keyboard with that price-tag that didn't have G Keys tbh.

I've got the G15, G19 as well as the G910 and rarely made use of the G keys on any of them so not having them was no loss to me.

Of course I can understand why people do use them but I never found the need myself.

Soldato
OP
I bought this, sent it back. Had a horrible reverb metallic sound every time I hit a key, like I was hitting down directly on to a metal plate. Couldn't stand it personally.

Associate
I bought this, sent it back. Had a horrible reverb metallic sound every time I hit a key, like I was hitting down directly on to a metal plate. Couldn't stand it personally.

Must be a fault with yours as I've just been pressing keys on mine with my ear right next to the keyboard and all I can hear is the same sort of plastic key sound you get with non tactile feedback Cherry keys.

Back
Top Bottom