Logitech G900 leaked pictures

Associate
Why is it a shame?

Its a shame because I prefer to purchase from OCUK to anywhere else when possible.

You should search other threads and you would have seen that Logitech and OCUK are not on the best of terms.

You expect me to search other threads to see if OCUK and Logitech have a business relationship ? :confused:

Logitech have free shipping and quidco cashback anyway...

I tried ordering direct but kept getting presented with an error stating I must provide a billing address even though I provided it various different times / ways.

Went else ware in the end.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Having now seen some video reviews of this and also the new MX Master, I think the MX Master offers better value for money and offers greater flexibility. Also the 31hrs battery life with the lights off is quite low. realistically the average user who spends a lot of time using it will be charging it every few days, or keeping it tethered to a cable.

Compare that with the 40 days of the MX Master (much closer to the G602), I think I know what my choice is gonna be.

Associate
Having now seen some video reviews of this and also the new MX Master, I think the MX Master offers better value for money and offers greater flexibility. Also the 31hrs battery life with the lights off is quite low. realistically the average user who spends a lot of time using it will be charging it every few days, or keeping it tethered to a cable.

Compare that with the 40 days of the MX Master (much closer to the G602), I think I know what my choice is gonna be.

I thought 32 hours was low but actually, I've had my mouse since Tuesday and have yet to charge it.

Associate
So I purchased this mouse and have been using it for 2 days now.

Its safe to say that it has replaced my Razer Mamba Chroma

Ch6iVBeWUAAlESg.jpg:large

Although being very light to what I'm used to, it still feels very well made and screams quality.

Feel / Grip

Holding the mouse feels sturdy and grips nicely, although at first impressions my right ring finger did feel out of place. This could be due to the ambidextrous nature not accommodating the finger as well as it could if it was designed for right hand only.

I tried to add the additional buttons on the right but it was very uncomfortable as it put pressure on my finger so I chose against using them

After 2 days I am finding it much easier to hold the mouse and don't really notice the difference in feel compared to the Mamba.

So I don't think this is a flaw as its getting used to a different shape mouse.

Buttons

The button are brilliant and have a nice click to them. The free spinning scroll wheel with the lockable click step button is a very nice feature.

The pressure required to use all buttons is perfect except the scroll wheel. I personally feel that the scroll wheel requires to much force to click, not sure if this will change over time but as of yet it still requires to much force.

Battery Life

The battery life which I see many complaining about "ONLY 30 HOURS!!!" is brilliant. The Razer Mamba Chroma had to be charged every day without fail so 30 hours is a welcoming change.

Charging is simple as you just plug the cable into the mouse and keep using. So its not really a hindrance like you have to place it on a dock and leave it until its charged.

And if you don't like it wireless because you have super human sight and notice the latency difference then plug it in and use it wired.

Lighting

The Lighting is simple / minimalistic which is nice if your going not going for that "Look at my Christmas Tree RIG" Lighting setup. The Logo and DPI being changeable via the software is very easy, however the DPI lights do turn off after 7 seconds.

Software

The software is nothing to shout about however unlike Razer's Synapse software I haven't had to update it multiple times in the last 2 days, nor has it crashed or change the colours of my mouse / keyboard which it had a tendency to do.

Overall I love this mouse and won't be changing it unless it breaks or they release one with additional buttons (MMO Version), which I doubt.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The 31 hours could be a hindrance though, especially for those who are used to not having to replace or recharge their mouse for a month at the minimum!

I'm still tempted, even though I've now ordered the MX Master with £5 off + 8% TCB. Could do the same with the G900 and then just keep which feels the best.

Associate
There will always be trade-off's in some way.

I personally don't see how this could be a hindrance, plug the cable in when done using it or the battery depletes and it charges.

I know people can be lazy but if plugging a cable into your mouse every 2-3+ Days when you go to bed is to much of a hindrance, then I think Battery life is the least of your worries.

Associate
But... calories are burnt reaching over to do that every few days, man!

I'll order it :p

:D I wasn't saying you're lazy just to clarify :D.

30 hours is a very good amount of time to say most people including myself require our phones to be charged every night.

But you really can't go wrong with the G900. I'm really enjoying it so far, except for the middle mouse click stiffness its perfect.

My desk is now free from Razer products... Pawned them off onto the misses :D

Associate
I used to have the Mamba, worst purchase of my life!

Was it the Chroma? Or 2012?

I have both and find the 2012 felt smoother than the Chroma, that's why the misses has it now.

The first gaming mouse I bought was the Cyborg R.A.T 7 which is much better than both Mamba's. I loved that mouse, Still have it on my shelve.

Associate
It was the 2012.

That mouse wasn't 'BAD', it was average, the misses enjoys it, although she did prefer the Cyborg R.A.T 7 also but it died :( . The Mamba Chroma should be about £70 at max.

Saying that, the Logitech G900 should only cost about £100, seems to be the market prices tbh.

Associate

I have both, the MX Master is on my Mac mini, and the G900 on my PC, the MX is a fine wireless mouse though I don't like the side buttons on it at all really, bad shape and too small, but it doesn't compare to the G900, the feel and the response of the sensor is on another level with the G900 whereas the MX just feels like any other wireless mouse. If you don't care about gaming much then the MX will be fine, but I would never game with it.

Associate
I have both, the MX Master is on my Mac mini, and the G900 on my PC, the MX is a fine wireless mouse though I don't like the side buttons on it at all really, bad shape and too small, but it doesn't compare to the G900, the feel and the response of the sensor is on another level with the G900 whereas the MX just feels like any other wireless mouse. If you don't care about gaming much then the MX will be fine, but I would never game with it.

I was Considering getting the ASUS Spatha and people said Sensor this sensor that, Logitech G900 Sensor.

I was thinking, What... How good could a sensor really be, I have the Mamba Chroma and although I don't expect the sensor to be top it does the job.

But wow. This sensor is silky smooth. I had Jitters and freezes from time to time with the Razer, not got a single issue with the G900.

The sensor really is that good.

Associate
The 31 hours could be a hindrance though, especially for those who are used to not having to replace or recharge their mouse for a month at the minimum!

I'm still tempted, even though I've now ordered the MX Master with £5 off + 8% TCB. Could do the same with the G900 and then just keep which feels the best.

Any mouse that lasts a month clearly doesn't use 1000 polling rate. Something the g900 does while stable. G900 is a gaming mouse. Mx master is not.

i think the g900 battery is great for its size and weight

Associate
After using one for almost 3 weeks. I must say this is the best wireless mouse I have used in terms of performance. It really does not have any noticeable lag and the battery last around 5 days on average for me.

However, I will be putting it up for sale due to ergonomics. I have been using the Deathadder for as long as I could remember and the Intellimouse before that. I just cannot get comfortable with the mouse and its affecting my aim in game.

If the shape is for you then you will not regret buying this mouse.

Associate
After using one for almost 3 weeks. I must say this is the best wireless mouse I have used in terms of performance. It really does not have any noticeable lag and the battery last around 5 days on average for me.

However, I will be putting it up for sale due to ergonomics. I have been using the Deathadder for as long as I could remember and the Intellimouse before that. I just cannot get comfortable with the mouse and its affecting my aim in game.

If the shape is for you then you will not regret buying this mouse.

That a shame, We love what we love at the end of the day.

What exactly seems to be the issue ?

Associate
That a shame, We love what we love at the end of the day.

What exactly seems to be the issue ?

The Deathadder has a smooth tapered back that starts at the centre of the mouse so the back of my palm rest comfortably in place. The G900 has a much sharper taper on the back which starts almost 3/4 of the way down the mouse, this makes it feel like there's a hump there forcing the back of my palm higher than I am used to.

It's a shame as I really wanted to like the mouse as the tracking was spot on.

Back
Top Bottom