Logitech steering wheel behaving strangely with F1 2018

Associate
Hi all,

Just tried F1 2018 with my old logitech steering wheel last night and for some reason the car would accelerate all by itself? It would accelerate faster when pressing the pedal and brake properly but the moment i started to release the brake it would start accelerating without pushing the accelerator?
Upon changing the acceleration confrol to a button on the steering wheel rather than pedal this stopped but the moment i changed it back to the pedal it all started again.

Any ideas on how to put this right?

V F

V F

Soldato
How old is the wheel and have you checked what the pedals are doing in the Logitech software while it's sitting stationary? Almost sounds like the pots need cleaned... It can do a lot of weird things once dust/dirt gets in.

Soldato
When I was using a G29 with PCs and ETS it used to do the very same thing ( no idea why ) so I just went and had to re-configure the wheel and pedals and also re-map the wheel buttons too, so maybe its some issue with the wheel/pedal software ?

Associate
OP
I have a very old wheel and pedal setup now. Cant remember the model? It was around when gran turismo 4 came out i think. I didnt know these wheels had software. Maybe i need to try and find something on the logitech site. Any idea how i can find out which model it is? Theres nothing on the wheel to tell me.

Associate
OP
Well its now working lovely. Thank you for the suggestion of the logitech software as i wasnt aware there was any. Not sure if it was downloading the software or the update to f1 2018? Before there was no force feedback and the problem with the pedals. Now everything is spot on.
I've gone from barely being able to finish ahead of lance stroll my teammate for williams to winning the grand prix. Think i need to up the difficulty slightly.

Back
Top Bottom