LOL Justice strikes again

Permabanned
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20003058

The guy was an absolute doofus, no doubt about it. In reality all he did was disrupt and elitist sporting event, no one was hurt and he only put himself at risk.

But six months? The recent trend to heavily punish the defenceless and let the well-connected off scot-free is quite disquieting - cases in point:

- Six months to a man in Manchester for stealing water
- 56 days to a man for offensive tweets about Fabrice Muamba
- Being forced to write a letter of apology for stealing £13,000 for a sitting member of the House of Lords
- "Can we please move on" from the PM for the Chief Whip for insulting police officers
- MPs with homes on expenses that they actually rent out - nothing

It's really quite concerning how naked and obvious the prejudice and double standards really are. We can all guess where the judge went to school cant we :rolleyes:

Soldato
i doubt very much he will do the full six months but i did think this was a little ott.

Man of Honour
You sure have a chip on your shoulder don't you?

I think it was harsh but it is used as a deterrent as well to stop other idiots doing the same thing.

Permabanned
i doubt very much he will do the full six months but i did think this was a little ott.

he will do 3 in custody and 3 on licence in the community

but its the gross disproportionate way the judiciary treat protesters and rioters compared to the well off

Soldato
"Deterrent justice" makes me sick. Everything just becomes a case of "make it up as we go along".

Soldato
It's a little much but he deserved it. Disrupting a major sporting event that had people from all over the world come to watch and participate in, it's not acceptable, and some of the people taking part in the Olympics come from war torn countries with barely any money or education and yet still can compete on a worldwide level, I wouldn't call that elitist.

Soldato
Make him clean a boats for 3 months. What is locking him up for 23 hours a day for 3 months with heroin addicts going to achieve?

Soldato
An Irish judge, I believe, recently let a rapist off with a suspended sentence as long as he paid his teenage victim EUR15,000 or something like that.

Basically makes the judge a pimp, tbh.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Sounds fine to me, it is about time that idiots were prevented from inconviencing and disrupting the enjoyment of others when their views don't have any form of popular backing.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I cannot believe that he got 6 months for that, Rob a house - get probation, Interfere with the Toffs boat race - Get 6 months. ******** outrageous liberty if you ask me.

Soldato
Sounds fine to me, it is about time that idiots were prevented from inconviencing and disrupting the enjoyment of others when their views don't have any form of popular backing.

And your OK with the political elite stealing from the public and getting off scot free? The government and MP's are reckless with our money case in point, £20,000 spent on a palm tree for the entrance to Torquay, which will be removed in 3 years time for a new By-Pass.

No one in the area wanted it, no one had a chance to say no, the Mayor just went ahead without any consultation on the matter. Will anything come about, nope because the government and MP's do what ever they feel like.

Last edited:
Caporegime
What's the problem? The law says he should get 6 months, he got 6 months.

/typical ocuk legal establishment apologist mode off.

Soldato
Seems a bit ridiculous compared to the more day to day cases.

In the local paper yesterday there was a guy who assaulted his partners son, had 35 other convictions for assault and was fined £45 + costs :/

Top Bottom