1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

London Climate Protests

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by crinkleshoes, Apr 17, 2019.

1. 4K8KW10

Soldato

Nope.
    With global warming accelerating as we pump more and more CO2 and other greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, as destroying forests, and killing animals, I don't think so.

The good news is that the Planet will fix us once we cross the border :D

2. flea.rider

Hitman

lol lol lol .. the problem being we are not a greenhouse .. and co2 is plant food .. nothing else

3. VincentHanna

Capodecina

And there's less and less "plants" to exchange it to oxygen.

4. dowie

Caporegime

It might be useful if you are able to explain what exactly it is that you're skeptical of for a start?

There isn't anything inherently wrong with being skeptical of things, I'm skeptical about quite a lot of things, but your posts are rather vague so far and so it isn't clear that you've necessarily got a clear idea of what you're seemingly questioning in the first place... (given you've mentioned "MSM" and some conspiracy theorist types).

@flea.rider You seem to have missed some posts, I hope you're not just trolling.

Are you able to explain your position here?

Also:

5. Thecaferacer

Gangster

I have a few friends who are climate change obsessed who I have had to unfollow on social media due to constant posting and preaching. Problem is it's also usually combined with near hysterical levels of fawning over politicians like Trudeau, Corbyn and AOC. I've lost track of the amount of fake claims they've forwarded without fact checking (my fave being a picture of Venice flooded with claims it was because of the ice caps melting)

The protests seem like a shade of that with people also exploiting their kids for their own beliefs.

It turns a lot of people off to a serious issue. I'm not qualified enough to know whether climate change is real and I'm sceptical enough to know some organisations make a fortune from scaremongering. However I believe pollution and habitat destruction are disastrous. Thankfully I have faith there are those working quietly behind the scenes to develop material and fuels that we will engineer our way out of the problem eventually

6. flea.rider

Hitman

@dowie What agenda do you think there is here and why? you get paid to do a job so do I .. your expected to do it right if you don't produce the goods then your sacked ?
    is it warming or cooling ? this depends on the time line you choose from the 70's it would look like warming ...we are heading into an ice age
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

Go and watch this documentary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Daily_Bread_(2005_film)

it would make even vegans question there diatery and shows that even if we all one day did not drive cars or take planes, we still are impacting the planet significantly just by eating food...

8. dowie

Caporegime

I don't know what you're talking about, I've not made reference to any "agendas" other than to ask you what you're referring to by mentioning one? I've asked you questions about your post/claims you've made.

Again, with regards to your previous post:

What agenda do you think there is here and why?

What argument were you trying to make in the post I quoted by citing individual data points?

If you're not even able to substantiate the claims you're making then why are you even posting here?

9. Murphy

Wise Guy

The problem is you misrepresented what someone said by using contextomy as you ignored "other greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, as destroying forests, and killing animals"

If you're going to attempt rebuttals at least do people the courtesy of being honest as not doing to discredits you and the argument you're making.

10. flea.rider

Hitman

it is totally impossible for the earth to warm past a certain temperature .. look at the chart above and co2 has nothing to do with the planet warming ..
    yes other gases have a higher factor but there is not enough of them in the atmosphere to warrant alarm ..
    now in all those times when the earth was hotter than today there was massive growth whats wrong with that ?
    [​IMG]
    it has been a lot hotter and civilisation flourished but we are coming to the end of this interglacial maybe not right now but soon
    [​IMG]

11. flea.rider

Hitman

12. Sleepery

Sgarrista

13. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Sgarrista

I think most of us already realised he is probably googling to find what we wants to support his view.
    Classing this as "research"

14. Murphy

Wise Guy

OK, so now you've misrepresented what's been said twice, you're ignoring what was said and going off on a tangent.

Maybe if i state what was said for a second time you'll take the time to read it properly "other greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, as destroying forests, and killing animals", now read that again....have you read it, yes? OK, so now tell me where it talks about temperature or CO2.

Oh and BTW if you're going to post images it would be handy if you provided links to your sources, not only does it save a lot of time but it also shows good faith as you're being transparent and allowing people to make their own mind up on the validity of them, such as whether they care that you're getting them from organisations who've been funded by ExxonMobil.

PS, it's become clear that you're basing everything you say on How to Discuss Global Warming with a “Climate Alarmist.” Scientific Talking Points to Win the Debate. And while it certainly makes for an interesting debate you seem to have been drawn in by what i would assume seem to be plausible arguments, unfortunately that document is replete with logical fallacies, in fact it makes clear that it's not about the science, it's about trying to discredit it.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  15. flea.rider

Hitman

as said .. we will see who is right over the next 30-40 yrs ..
    hope to see you on the other side .
    no matter what I say or show you you will not change your mind
    so thx for the fish ..

16. dowie

Caporegime

All you need to put forth a falsifiable position in the first place in order to be "right", you've just put forth waffle you don't seem to understand and that is reflected by your inability to answer questions/enter into any dialogue on the subject.

17. Sleepery

Sgarrista

Translation: "oh crap, I've been found out!"

18. Murphy

Wise Guy

So your answer to being called out on presenting charts showing changes in temperature over 100's of thousands of years despite that not being what was presented as an argument, and humans only having walked the earth for half that time, is to say we'll see in 30-40 years.

If you weren't coming across as being rather disingenuous and obtuse before you certainly are now.

19. nkata

Soldato

Actually if humans are the problem, it makes little sense to go on creating more of them.

20. Nasher

Capodecina

Yea but try convincing people of that and telling them they can only have one kid, or no kids. Because we need to control our numbers.

The only thing which is going to reduce the population now is a massive disaster. Which eventually will happen.