London to get 24 inches of snow today (not really but just imagine!)

Soldato
New York is forecast to get 24 inches of snow today. What would happen if where you live had 24 inches of snow in a day?

As a Londoner who remembers when we last had 3 inches, 24 inches is simply unthinkable. Of course here it would turn into slush within a couple of days but until then it would be complete chaos.

Caporegime
probably not a whole lot, but I'm sure media would claim the earth has stopped rotating and the core has solidified

Soldato
What would happen if where you live had 24 inches of snow in a day?
if we got 2 foot of snow i'd turn the heating up full, consider wearing trousers when going out then take the kids out to play in it. i'd probably have to get the rucksack and walking poles out and walk to the shop for any food essentials as i imagine the roads would be gridlocked with retards still trying to drive as if there was no snow.

Soldato
New York is forecast to get 24 inches of snow today. What would happen if where you live had 24 inches of snow in a day?

As a Londoner who remembers when we last had 3 inches, 24 inches is simply unthinkable. Of course here it would turn into slush within a couple of days but until then it would be complete chaos.
I wasn't far off that much in 2009 and 2010, it was fun!

Caporegime
I wasn't far off that much in 2009 and 2010, it was fun!

Ha, we got back from Vegas to that snow. I distinctly remember getting out the cab from Heathrow in my shorts and flip flops to about a ft of snow. Luckily it was only a short walk or I'd have no tootsies left :D

The Beast from the East (early 2018) was the last semi decent snow that I saw. Before that, it was the 2009/10 winter where the snow froze for over a month. That was the last time I saw snow being anywhere near 6". For anything over 6", you'll need to go back to the mid 90s / late 80s. Lots of power cuts!

Soldato
These days it'll be panic, moaning and loads of dumb zoomers whining on social media about how it's triggering their 'anxiety'. Back in the day, we'd be out and much fun would be had.

Soldato
24" of snow in London would be great - Perhaps the weight would be enough to break the south east away from the rest of the UK and it would float out into the Atlantic and sink. Just think of what the UK could be rid of - High house prices -stupid pay checks - and most of all it would finish what Guy fawks didn't finish. :)

Soldato
I imagine London would completely shut down with 24" of snow. The press would probably explode with apocalyptic headlines and likely blame either a minority group, Jeremy Corbyn or Europe with an editorial piece about how Princess Diana enjoyed the snow.

Man of Honour
Certainly be interesting with the number of people who don't seem to have more than 1 days food in the house, etc. etc.

I live in a small village on higher ground where most people are of the mindset of being more prepared, etc. so in my immediate area people would largely pitch in where needed and just get on with things.

I'd probably curse that I still don't have a set of snow capable tyres made up for my truck but I probably wouldn't be going anywhere anyhow (still haven't had a chance to see how well my normal tyres hold up in those kind of conditions but I suspect not well enough).

Man of Honour
I think it was 2016. When we got 30" every weekend. The snow was piled up about 8ft on each side of my drive.
I don't miss the Winters in New Hampshire.

Remember someone filming from a drone from there around that time - where they were basically using their 1st floor balcony to get in and out of the house :s

Soldato
We got about 3 inches of beautiful powdery snow here in Bradford last night which settled almost immediately.

We are in the lowest parts of the city and where my sister lives higher up they have significantly more snow.

just went for a walk whilst tiresome was lovely.

Back
Top Bottom