London violence reaching epidemic proportions

Man of Honour
More black police, harsher penalties for having knives without explanation and more community engagement with ex-gangsters used as examples.

There problem solved.

Or more likely, problem not solved.
We could have 60% of London’s police from the BAME community, and a minimum of 8 years prison for carrying a knife, rising to 15 years for using one in an attack or robbery, but how do you get judges to impose those sentences?
I don’t have a suggestion for solving the knife and gun crime problem, but it’s as sure as God made little green apples, that it will take more than an act of Parliament to get the judiciary to impose sentences that are a positive deterrent, and if by some miracle they did impose them, you would then have to deal with the Parole Board, a public body sponsored by the Department of Justice.
A guy, (I won’t name him, but you can Google it), was given a life sentence in 2013 for raping a 66 y.o. woman in East London, then locking her in a cupboard.
In April this year, after serving 8.5 years the Parole Board held a telephone meeting to decide on his parole, it was decided that he was “suitable” for release.
The raped woman died in 2002, but her son who was entitled to submit a statement at the Parole hearing was never contacted, until a journalist rang him to tell him of the Board’s decision.

Caporegime
OP
The legal system in this country is a joke

20210603-234243.jpg
[/url]

Judge Cole told him there was a "realistic prospect of rehabilitation" and that jailing him would have "a significant, harmful effect on others".

Yeah good point judge, except

Barratt has 43 previous convictions, including 12 for violent assaults, as well as another attack outside the same McDonald's in Hereford in 2012.
He also has convictions for assault and battery in 2003, a further battery in 2006, and four racially aggravated section 47 assaults in 2008.

I mean this judge is about as backwards as it gets, how can he have a realistic chance of rehabilitation when he has 43 previous convictions?

Couldn't NOT jailing him have a harmful effect on others?

Soldato

[/url]

I mean this judge is about as backwards as it gets, how can he have a realistic chance of rehabilitation when he has 43 previous convictions?

Jail ? That scum needs put down like a dog.

NVP

NVP

Soldato

20210603-234243.jpg
[/url]

Wish I had that judge

Caporegime

20210603-234243.jpg
[/url]

Children seems to trump all.

Pop out a few illegitimate ******** and suddenly it's not worth bothering with you unless your middle class and can be used as an example to people who might actually be affected by examples

Caporegime
Given the mayors inability to get a grip of violent crime and the fact he has just got re-elected I can only concluded Londoners must be gluttons for punishment!

I would be very surprised if any mayor could get a grip on it within their term. If you look at Glasgow it took a long time to get the numbers down and that was dealing with different demographics and motives.

Soldato
Thats not true the sources I showed indicates that Asian, and white people are also included in the stats.

I think he's referring to the couple of threads he created that got closed, showing that white people also are a bit stabby, because we're all racist and don't know this already. :D

Soldato
I think he's referring to the couple of threads he created that got closed, showing that white people also are a bit stabby, because we're all racist and don't know this already. :D

Who said you’re all racist? Is that an admission that you personally are?

Caporegime
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...fter-stabbing-death-of-james-gibbons-in-essex

An innocent person stabbed trying to help someone! Teenagers as young as 13 involved... tragic. So many failings that surely led to this...

Stories like this are why you'll find less and less people willing to intervene and be the hero, when they can stand back, call the police and film evidence.

Guy tried to help another person and ended up dead.

Laindon/Basildon is all a bit of a ****-hole though. I'd never live there.

Edit - Not sure why this was moved to a "London Violence" thread, Laindon is at least 30 miles away in Essex.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom