Londoners in 'ere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
LOL at the overreactions in this thread.

Whitechapel and Aldgate are positively tame.

You lot want to walk around Seven Sisters at DAYTIME

I've said this before and i'll say it again.

Nice and bad areas in London do not work like everywhere else.
There are nice and dodgy streets more than areas.
Everywhere, No matter how much you might think its a nice place has a rough area, And every rough area a nice area

Associate
I live down the road on The Highway and frequent Shoreditch, Commercial Street and Brick Lane.

It is definitely a very multicultural area - some rude boys driving around at night and a few shouty people but generally have no issues what so ever. Never felt threatened and a friend of mine (female) lives just off Whitechapel High Street, rents a spare room for a fortune and plenty of professional neighbours etc and she tells me she never has any issues at night.

Soldato

No drinking allowed in Whitechapel either, it's a Muslim area :)

Are you insane? Do you realise that the actions of that small group of idiots does not have anything to do with the actions of "Muslims"?

There's a bar right next to Whitechapel mosque, I was there yesterday, about 800 muslims passed by on their way to pray and not a single problem.

So keep your youtube-learned armchair bs to yourself please you don't know anything about east london.

Last edited:
Soldato
He doesn't condemn it outright, he merely says it's not appropriate. Two completely different things.

You mean apart from what they were doing was against islam and should pay compensation to any non Muslim they took beer and pork away from? And that god will judge them in the afterlife?

Permabanned
Are you insane? Do you realise that the actions of that small group of idiots does not have anything to do with the actions of "Muslims"?
Are you retarded?
See the smiley at the end? Note the ludicrous conceit of these people?

I could have just posted LOLmuslims but I found a video of Muslims being their usual stereotypes instead. Hilarious :)
I wonder when a group of people appear to behave in a certain way all the time, at what point does that stop being a stereotype and becomes just a typical indication of what they think and feel?

There's a bar right next to Whitechapel mosque, I was there yesterday, about 800 muslims passed by on their way to pray and not a single problem.
800 Muslims on their way to Friday prayers in many parts of the world is usually a precursor to a bombing or a riot, dependant on the political ambitions of the speaker.

Of course all those are "Evil Muslims(TM)" and are completely different from the ones who stepped of the boat yesterday (from the same countries) or the ones we keep failing to deport :)

you don't know anything about east london.
Been there, it's a dirty smelly dump which is obvious to anyone who doesn't have to live in it. I now live in a practically crime and litter free area with not a delightful multicultural guest/ghetto for 5 miles (you can draw your own conclusions on that)

Last edited:
Soldato
Been there, it's a dirty smelly dump which is obvious to anyone who doesn't have to live in it. I now live in a practically crime and litter free area with not a delightful multicultural guest/ghetto for 5 miles (you can draw your own conclusions on that)

This is what I love about London; most of the bigots move out. :)

Permabanned
This is what I love about London; most of the bigots move out. :)
Not really as it was obvious where it was going, Muslims make up 4.8% of the UK yet 13.1% of the prison population. Crime always increases in areas of high immigration so it's a bit silly to assign a pejorative reason for migration when really it's down to a better standard of living and lower crime rates. I've lost count of the times the cat has opened my front door and yet my car is still on the drive.

If you feel that the moral high ground is best served by living in politically correct squalor then you are welcome to it :) I'll just point out that educated immigrants don't want to live in ghettos either, they all live in white suburbs (with the bigots presumably? :confused:)

Soldato
OP
I worked near Aldgate East tube from 2007-2010. Out of anywhere in London it's certainly a well connected area for work. You're about 15mins from Tower Bridge walking, 15mins from Moorgate, maybe 25mins from London Bridge and perhaps 45mins to walk over to Canary Wharf so even if there's a massive tube strike you shouldn't need to worry about getting around. Spitalfields, Brick Lane and Shoreditch are all fairly lively and easy walking distance.

Whitechapel has a huge sainsbury's perfect for weekly shops. The Overground that now serves Whitechapel is pretty frequent and that connects well with a good few lines. Crossrail will only improve this but be prepared to wait!

If you're worried about "the area" the police presence is very visible. I think that's a good thing but you might think it just means there's lots of crime. I think the only real problems I saw was begging, a lot of litter and alcoholism. I saw quite a lot of people outside the costcutter just begging and then getting completely drunk and sleeping in the little alley on Gunthorpe Street.

Thanks for the input. Most of what I've heard from people actually seems to be along these lines now a days.

Wimbledon is a lovely area

And for the time it takes, I may as well live at home :p

kd

Caporegime
Its horrible! And I'm from Ilford!

@ Noni juice: you're in ilford. Awwwwwwwww SNAP im in ilford too!!!!

Its not a bad area it very up and coming. You will meet a lot of people from Bangladesh but for travelling into West End its perfect

LOL im from Ilford too:p

Anyhow i dont go into whitechapel all that much these days but i do go now and again with the missus for the food, they have some brilliant restaurants there.

But other than that, its full of bangladeshi's...lot of the street names are in Bengali now and its affectionately known as Bangla town. So if you want to be outnumbered by 10 to 1 then go for it:p

But as i said i havent been there for some time but last i was there, it was fine as long as you stick to the main roads and dont go wandering off into the estates as you will get mugged by the little bengali gangs there or you will be offered some weed etc etc.

And bitslice...STFU please.

Man of Honour
Love it. As usual people are typecast from the minority of incidents from radical extremists. It's no different to saying all football fans are thugs and therefore should be put into prison, or even better shot.

I'd rather spend time in a room full of ethnic minorities, Muslims, seikhs and Jews than in a a room full of football fans... Is that a fair comment to make? No of course not as it's sweeping generalisation.

So what if there are a lot of black, Asian, non Christian people living in that part of London? People sadly aren't even Christian any more so why should it matter? They're not changing our country for the worse they are enriching our country, sure there are the few that make life difficulty and integration hard, but in general most people are just British residents getting on with their lives living by their values which happen to not break any of our laws.

So many close minded opinions scares me, how is it that these minority of people still hold such negative opinions on others?

Permabanned
Love it. As usual people are typecast from the minority of incidents from radical extremists.
No they weren't, the fact that radical extremists exist within certain groups was pointed out, the same way thugs exist within groups of football fans.
This is the downside of any generic group as the group will always be used to identify rather than the individual.
I'd rather spend time in a room full of ethnic minorities, Muslims, seikhs and Jews than in a a room full of football fans... Is that a fair comment to make? No of course not as it's sweeping generalisation.
That's pretending that every generic group of everything is the same and composed of Lego people of varying colour, when really culture is a major differentiator. You can make valid generalisations based on a groups culture. I happen not to like basically misogynist cultures.

So what if there are a lot of black, Asian, non Christian people living in that part of London? People sadly aren't even Christian any more so why should it matter?
If people liked living with other groups then there would be no recognisable black, white, muslim areas, but in every part of the world people split into their nominal group and stay there. This isn't a question that you should be asking of the few people in here that point this out, this is a question you should ask of everybody.
I'd suggest it's a human social instinct, rich people live with rich people and so on. We like groups like ours, we don't like groups which look or act differently.

They're not changing our country for the worse they are enriching our country
Yes and no.
I don't see how large groups of believers in Islam have an enriching effect on a nominally Christian country (in values and culture if not in practice). Perhaps you are not aware that groups of Christians in the Middle East and Africa are being routinely butchered by groups of Muslims, this isn't a tolerant religion and the culture of most of the Islamic countries isn't a tolerant one either. Hence the endless demonstrations from this group, when was the last time you saw a Jew or a Sikh on a protest march about anything at all? never mind the ludicrous anger over petty slights the religion of permanent offence like to indulge in.
Economically, yes, Cameron is loving it.

sure there are the few that make life difficulty and integration hard
I'm not pretending this is anything other than a 0.01% minority and that individually they are often really nice (but very boring) people, but this is a consistent and ever present minority, so given the choice I'd rather live in a different part of the UK. I've no faith that they have any intention of sorting out this 0.01%, in fact I think they tacitly agree with them and opinion surveys appear to back this up.

how is it that these minority of people still hold such negative opinions on others?
Firstly this isn't a minority view, secondly IMO Muslims do it to themselves.
The Gurkha's are probably my nearest ethnic group, I'd feel safer in a crowd of a million of them than I do in my own bed - that is their reputation. The next group are Sikhs, again not a single problem with them. And so on down the line till we get to blacks and Muslims and white chavs, then it becomes one of crime statistics - who is in jail and who isn't.

If they were more like Sikhs, moved in, set up businesses and got on with life then they would just be another international group who ate interesting food and prayed a lot.
Instead just look at the tedious poostorms they create in every single country they migrate to. This isn't a problem we created, it's a problem they created.

I'm really sorry that it affects a lot of normal muslims, but we've had this carp with the Christians already - they eventually split off into normal (protestant, Methodist, CofE) and the batpoo insane (evangelicals). Maybe muslims should do the same, at least then nobody could blame individuals for not wanting to live next door to shouty caliphate.state.now.kill.all.the.infidels or the God.loves.you.no.fags numpties.

And bitslice...STFU please.
I'd love to Yas, I'm fed up of liberal-tards wondering why the world isn't full of chocolate coloured people with flowers in their hair.

Caporegime
I'd love to Yas, I'm fed up of liberal-tards wondering why the world isn't full of chocolate coloured people with flowers in their hair.

Then please do so because im fed up of xenophobic muppets such as yourself, who only seem to live in a rose tinted world that all muslims are bad people and terrorists to boot but yet everyone else is a saint.

For your info, i know a lot of muslims that have set up successful businesses compared to the drunken layabout Sikhs that i know, who take great pleasure in getting drunk at family do's...start to insult each others mothers, sisters and wives then have a fist fight. Then to top it off, go home and start beating on their wives and kids.

But unlike you, i wouldnt tar all the sikhs with that brush. Theres bad apples in every race/religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom