Long hang on startup - Windows 10

Soldato
Hi guys,

It doesn't happen a lot, 9/10 times everything is fine, and I behave in exactly the same way after log in - Chrome, a few game launchers etc.

But this evening, right after login, my system hung for around 3 minutes; the system tray clock froze and the system became unresponsive... ctl alt delete didn't respond initially but did eventually. I think I also got a system warning that explorer was taking too long, I couldn't confirm an option anyway.

Then everything seemed to catch up? I've just noticed though that my mouse/keyboard software hasn't loaded, so maybe that's my starting point. Steelseries mouse, Corsair keyboard.

Where would I start in the windows logs, looking for the issue?

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Just had a though, I think I may have spotted a pattern - usually after I've run Disk Cleanup I have this issue on next restart. Maybe I'm not giving my system enough time to update itself or whatever before working it again :)

Soldato
Doesn't need to be anything special, even a standard(sata) 120gb SSD will do for testing (lobbing on a unlicensed test win 10/11 install will do). It could be on the the driver end of things, the drive could be just fine, it just sounds like a drive issue based on what you've described (i certainly could be wrong).

Soldato
If you check Custom Views > Administrative events it should list just the warning and errors, basically just look for anything around the time it happened.

Back
Top Bottom