Look What I Got Today :D:D

Permabanned
A DREAMCAST!!!!

2009100557939.jpg

Boxed With Console, Controller, pretty rare dont you think?
all for £30, bargain or what???

couldn't resist.

EDIT Couple of questons:

how do i save my game?

2 - This lead is giving me major problems, i cant seem to get a display, the lead is a BASIC Cable that goes straight into the back of my tv, however i dont get a picture, this is the lead:

2009100560020.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
What games do you currently have?

And to save a game, you need the VMU (Visual Memory Unit) that plugs into either of the two slots on the gamepad controllers.

As for the display cable, that looks to be the crappy old RF cable that comes standard which plugs into the TV aerial connector. I'd suggest looking for the official SCART cable if you can for easier and much better quality display picture.

Soldato
No games with it? I got a SNES last week. Not boxed but currently loving doney kong and got to vulture culture last night. Super tennis is as good as what it was almost 20 years ago, street fighter 2 turbo and mario kart are also obviosuly amazing still

Permabanned
OP
na no games, any idea how to tune this dreamcast , i got the rf cable, tv out into the telly, antenna in the rf cable where it says antenna. i have the antenna leaning out the window, still no picture, confused? what do i have to do.

Permabanned
OP
Not rare i'm afraid but still a very good price for one of the best consoles ever made. Enjoy Shenmue

i will but i dont know how to tune this RF Cable!!!

It doesnt need to have a disc in there does it??? it will still come on and show a pic even without a picture right??

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure about Dreamcast but on my snes you just connect the rf cable to the back of the tv then into the console.

Took a bit of time to work out the tuning mind. Ended up getting my mate to do it. (Thats because we still have a 14" Beko tv that was left in our flat)

Soldato
It has been a VERY long time since I used the RF connection, but all I remember doing was plug in it as you described, and then check the usual numbered channels on your TV set where it may be on, and in my case it was channel 0. Picture was exceptionally crap though, far too much interference, hence why you should just get the official SCART cable. At least it goes straight towards your AV extension channels. And yes, all you will get if you boot up the Dreamcast it will just be it's Boot Menu to acess it's settings or memory cards etc.

Caporegime
It's ridiculously easy to tune in.

1. Choose a free channel
2. Connect up Dreamcast
3. Insert game and start Dreamcast
4. Start MANUAL tuning the chosen channel
5. Go through the frequencies until the Dreamcast's display appears on screen

I'm sure you can tell the difference between a TV channel and the Dreamcast display so it should be simple enough.

Know this all to well due to having a TV with no scart socket for yeaaarrs.

Associate
Jeez! How old are you to not know how to tune a telly in!!! Digital generation my arse lol!

Plug it in then tune an analogue channel into the frquency used by the DC. Just like the good old days before scart leads!!

Permabanned
OP
YES..........did it, was channel 5 in my case thanks guys, just kept clicking tune tune tune and then i saw the set date/time settings, brilliant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom