Looking at a new build, but also selling old parts to fund it

Associate
A friend wants me to build them a gaming machine to replace their old i5-4670K system. Certain parts will be re-used (SSDs, monitor, case, GPU) so it's just the motherboard, CPU, RAM and a new PSU. Current budget is around £450 plus whatever is generated from selling the old kit.

Two questions, then:

1/ What would be a good build for that budget? It will be paired with a 2070 Super and a 1440p monitor.

2/ Are the parts below worth much (either individually or as a bundle)? Anything gained from selling that will go towards the new build, so hopefully it's still got some limited value.
  • Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z87 motherboard;
  • i5-4670K
  • 16GB DDR3 1600mhz RAM (8GB is Team Vulcan, the other 8GB is some cheap no-brand stuff)
  • Alpenföhn Matterhorn Pure Edition CPU Cooler
Thanks!

Soldato
AMD build including a bracket to reuse the Matterhorn cooler. I have tried to only pick things in stock. The rgb psu is because the non-rgb vbersion is out of stock.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £456.05 (includes shipping: £11.10)

With intel the problem is that the new chips arrive soon so could affect prices of the old ones or be just so much better that it makes the old ones not worth buying compared to the new one.

Im sorry I cant help you with a price for the old parts but im sure thye would sell as they would make a good base for a low end gaming build or a good office build.

Soldato
Intel build for reference

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £430.02 (includes shipping: £11.10)

The extra money could be used to buy a z590 board when they come out so you can use the new chips also when they are available.

You might also need to look at buying a cooler unless the old one will fit.

Back
Top Bottom