Looking at Peugeot 107 2007? Advice?

Soldato
OP
Well it will not be a refined drive but 10 miles is nothing, so should be fine....

I'm comparing to a 2001 1.4 Focus which is falling apart a bit at a time lol. My electric window regulator broke a couple of years ago... Then fuel pump.... Then bottom arm...Then my cigarette lighter (no dash cam).... Then my gearbox selector rod from gear stick to the gearbox decided to break the other day (cost me bottle of vodka for garage to put a temporary fix on it (NHS worker working Xmas).... Bottom arm at least at next MOT... It has served me well.

Associate
I made some bad choices and got screwed over a few times. It wasn't a brand new Porsche as I'm not a rich man. Lessons learned.

But still, that's a fall...

You missed the detail of having another car already. You'll be jumping into the unknown that might/might not have the same issues that need sorting. It's a tricky one really. It's a shame you're not closer or I'd offer to help repair it for it's next MOT...

Soldato
OP
But still, that's a fall...

You missed the detail of having another car already. You'll be jumping into the unknown that might/might not have the same issues that need sorting. It's a tricky one really. It's a shame you're not closer or I'd offer to help repair it for it's next MOT...

I couldn't really afford a 911 but I bought one while I had the money just to tick it off my bucket list as it's my dream car.
Thanks for the thought but the car costs me more to tax than insure. Over £200. Money saved could go on maintenance. For commuting cars, cheap wins - function over form. I'd never have commuted in the Porsche anyway.
One day maybe....

For now I'm after advice on what people think. Looking at Autotrader they go for about £1500. £350 cars are fine if they are available.

Soldato

Agreed. The 107 is a nasty little ****box. The Yaris is genuinely decent for what it is.

Soldato
Conversely we had one for a few years and it was absolutely fine from a reliability and ownership cost perspective. Dirt cheap inside, dirt cheap to run (spent it's days around town), dirt cheap on consumables and really simple mechanically.

However it was only 2 or 3 years old and I don't think I've ever seen an early model that doesn't look like a rot box or sound like it's about to grenade. It was also pretty terrifying to sit on a motorway in it.

If something like a Yaris is a viable option that's where I'd stick my cash too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom