Looking For 3 New 27" 1440p Monitors

Associate
HI all I am looking for three new Monitors 27" 1440p and dont know what is good. I have 2 Samsung 2443 monitors and i would like somthing better.

I dont game to much on the pc but wanted to play the odd game here and there but since my monitors are TFT i waould like to know if IPS are better now and what would be a good monitor.

thanks

Man of Honour
well you haven't given anyone that wants to reply much to work with here...

you: i want a fast car.
everyone: so 2 seats? 4 seats? coupe? suv? petrol? diesel?
you: yes
everyone: ???

so what about starting with a budget?

Associate
OP
Hi there

some gamming, some work, watching some movies, somtimes drawing and desktop work.

I would say my budget would be about £900 for all three

I just bought a vega 56 and will be only game on one monitor not all three at the same time.

Man of Honour
Dell U2719D for work https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2719d.htm
Dell S2719DM - if you must have IPS - for gaming https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/dell-s2719dm/
Dell S2719DGF for gaming (but TN panel) https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/dell-s2719dgf/

but never owned a IPS panel and dont know about this glow problem.
all IPS panel will have 'glow' that's inherent to the panel technology, unfortunately. each panel tech (TN/IPS/VA) has their own advantages and disadvantages.

as a rule of thumb...from best to worse:
pixel response time: TN -> IPS -> VA
colour accuracy: IPS -> VA -> TN
viewing angles: IPS -> VA -> TN
contrast: VA -> IPS = TN
cost: TN -> VA = IPS

which panel technology is best suited depends on your situation...
for gaming: TN is the best (best pixel response time)...VA is the worst - even the high refresh rate high quality VA panels have some ghosting
for colour critical work: factory calibrated professional IPS panel
for movies: VA is the best because it has the blackest blacks and the best contrast - though a badly calibrated panel will then display 'black crush'

again, as a rule of thumb...IPS will provide a compromise between all the above, so for general usage, probably the better panel technology to look out for.

Associate
OP
thanks for that, it see,ms that IPS is the one to go for for mulit usage of everything. I have read that some IPS pixel responce is not to far off TNT now ?

did not reliese that IPS had a better contrast than TNT as when you look at the data sheets for monitors the ips same to say 1000:1 contrast and TNT seem to say 100000-1 dynamic contrast which makes you think TNT has better contrast then IPS.

also what do you think of the dell monitors are they good, are there better ones ? do i realy need all this 144 refresh rate stuff as most monitors are 60hz unless your spending a lot of cash. I have not upgraded my monitors in years as one of them has broke and now left with 2 but wanting to upgrade.

Man of Honour
I have read that some IPS pixel responce is not to far off TNT now ?
yes-ish. pure, competitive hardcore gaming is still the realms of a good quality TN panel. but for most people, IPS isn't far off.

did not reliese that IPS had a better contrast than TNT as when you look at the data sheets for monitors the ips same to say 1000:1 contrast and TNT seem to say 100000-1 dynamic contrast which makes you think TNT has better contrast then IPS.
dynamic contrast is marketing bs.

do i realy need all this 144 refresh rate stuff as most monitors are 60hz unless your spending a lot of cash.
some people swear by high refresh rate monitors. i've personally not used them, so can't really make a informed decision - i'm using 75hz monitors.
also, to maintain that high refresh rate, you'll also need a decent graphics card.

also what do you think of the dell monitors are they good, are there better ones ?
dell monitors are good, but a bit more expensive (again, as a rule of thumb) because you're also paying for their excellent post-sales support and warranty.

Associate
OP
have you ever had a dell monitors and have you ever used there own website to order from as i have never used there own site ?.

was looking at the Dell S2719DM but it seems the stand is not very good but has HDR, the dell Dell U2719D seems to be the same type of monitor without the HDR and has a better stand.

can not beleve the mine filed there is looking at monitors. i just dont want to make the wrong choise as i am after 3 of them for multi monitor setup.

I just boiught a VEga 56 sahppire card which i have not used yet as i am building a new system.

would you think there is any other monitors better than above IPS, TNTs at the same price point or do dell make the best ips panels or should i say cherry pick the best panels

thanks

Man of Honour
have you ever had a dell monitors
yes

have you ever used there own website to order from as i have never used there own site ?.
no, me neither

was looking at the Dell S2719DM but it seems the stand is not very good but has HDR, the dell Dell U2719D seems to be the same type of monitor without the HDR and has a better stand.
hdr for desktop monitors is just marketing gibberish at the moment. i'd discount it totally when looking for monitors currently.

I just boiught a VEga 56 sahppire card which i have not used yet as i yeah tam building a new system.
yeah that's fine

dell make the best ips panels or should i say cherry pick the best panels
dell don't make the panels. they buy them in bulk, so quality varies from one monitor to another...as it will do for every other monitor make/model out there.
but dell is a safe bet.

Associate
OP
thanks.

it just seems that dell seem to be abit higher priced and i thought they would use a better quality panael to the rest as not all screens are created equal.

its the dead pixel and light bleed that gets me as i would have thought higher priced models would have a reduced faults

Back
Top Bottom