Looking for a 43" 4K TV. Is Ambilight worth it? Also - soundbar?

GeX

GeX

Soldato
Looking to upgrade our quite old (bezeltastic) 40" 1080P Samsung TV.

Due to where it is to be located, there is an absolute maximum size of 1040mm x 680mm. From what I can see this limits me to 43" screen sizes. This is fine, it suits the room.

I wouldn't say we do a lot of critical watching, but I do like things like colour reproduction to be accurate (I've seen some frightful cartoonified images on TVs at friends and family.

I am considering something like the Philips 43PUS6703, which has Ambilight. I can't really make my mind up if it's a gimmick, or really good. We have Philips Hue RGB strips in the lounge already (not TV backlighting) - does it sync with those too?

Would it even work properly where I have it mounted; https://photos.app.goo.gl/BqajbjhWZNsT1iq2A It's on a cantilever bracket is normally pulled further out than that.

Is there anything else in this screen size and around £500 that I should be looking at instead?

The TV I mentioned is 570mm high, so this gives me around 100mm left to get a soundbar on the bottom. I'd love to hear any opinions on those that'd suit. Any additional speakers must be wireless.

Last edited:

Soldato
got a 55" 4k ambilight and love it,

have a look on av forums when you get one and see if someone can recommend some settings as they do need some tweaking out the box.

the ambilight is fantastic especially if you link it to a Hue setup, you can set the brightness as hugh or low as you like and it really adds something to the viewing experience.

quality wise ours is spot on a lot of the reviews all go on about the brightness of the ambilight sets not being bright enough (HDR specs be damned) but ours can go eye seeringly bright if you want it to.

overall fantastic sets although i'll probably upset you when i say i got my 55 6753 for less than £450 from amazon a few months back

GeX

GeX

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the review. What's the OSD / EPG etc like on them? Fast and responsive?

although i'll probably upset you when i say i got my 55 6753 for less than £450 from amazon a few months back

Not really.. I don't have the space for a 55 :p

Back
Top Bottom