Looking for a good online space game to play.

Soldato
I'm looking for a good space game to play with the other half.

So far I've noticed 3 that stand out;

Elite Dangerous
Eve
Star Citizen.

I have no man's sky but the multiplayer aspect seems very restricted on that i.e. if we do bump in to each other we'll just see a representative glob shape and we won't actually be able to work together.

I have a soft spot for Elite Dangerous, but the reviews seem to see it as a bit of a let down. Even people who still play it talk about its glitches.

Eve always seemed very complicated. Though it going free to play recently is tempting.

Star Citizen also seems complicated. I don't know much about this game other than that its in a beta stage. Is it subscription based? If so, how much? What are peoples experiences with the game? and if you've played either of the other 2 games how does it compare?

If there are any other multiplayer space games that are coming out then let me know. All knowledge is welcome.

Associate
Well you can try Eve for free nothing lost that way, If you don't like it then Elite Dangerous is imo is the best all round.
Star Citizen isn't out yet, you may have a while to wait.

Soldato
Elite Dangerous at this point will be the most fun to play and there's a good number of OCUKers playing it, Star Citizen has a long, long way to go and Eve.. well you'll either love it or hate it or love it then grow to hate it or hate it and somehow end up playing it anyway.

Star citizen isn't subscription based but I can't recommend it just now tbh. Ask again in a couple of years!

Soldato
Eve is point and click, Elite is first person and no where near as bad as made out to be, Star Citizen is not released so you'd be playing an alpha (it is still alpha isn't it?).

Soldato
Eve isn't really a spaceship game, it's an RPG in space.

Star Citizen isn't a game yet.

Elite is a very good spaceship simulator with not a lot of game. Last I checked anyway. I backed in beta and have a lifetime sub but didn't think much of the launch game so decided to park it until the atmospheric landings and other stuff is in.

Soldato
Are you just looking for coop or multiplayer online?

Also what style of game?

My two favourite space games are currently Sins of a Solar Empire, and Stellaris. Both can play online and coop, although they can be quite long games, so might be better to stick to coop.

Associate
Star Citizen is turning into a real duke nuke forever situation. I remember it was playable more than 3 years ago, but still there are years left to go.

Soldato
OP
After reading the Elite thread today I decided to buy Elite Dangerous commanders edition with the addons and stuff. £15 all in.. sounded like a good deal.

So soon I'll be joining the flying space ranks :)

Soldato
Single player:
Dark star one
independance war 2

Muliplay
Freelancer
Space engineers
Star trek online
Earth ang beyond (no offical servers but some public / privet servers)

Back
Top Bottom