Looking for a laptop that could nearly match my desktop

Associate
My current pc has an it 4770k with 16gb ddr3 ram various ssd's but paired with a amd rx480 8gb gpu.
Now I don't expect to get a laptop with a graphics card like that but would like one that has equivalent or close processing power and at least 8gb ram. Dont care if the cpu is intel or amd.
The games I would play on it would be things like civ 6 and FM2018 mainly so shouldn't need mega graphics.

Associate
OP
To be honest there is no budget as such. Just speculating at this point just to see what specs I would need and then formulate a budget or maybe even look second hand. I'd only be looking to play a few games like the ones mentioned above whilst commuting. I wouldn't necessarily need to play on max settings just so they would be playable.
At a guess I would have thought an i5 from the last few generations would probably match my 4770k and probably a second gen ryzen 5. I haven't found any reliable info on this subject.
On the graphics front I would assume anything like a gtx960 or 1050 would play these games on medium? As I said before though for me this is guess work. I'm no laptop expert. The only thing I did find out is that a Amd a9 apu would struggle with civ 6 on anything more than low graphics on anything with medium to large maps, I was interested as my Mrs has a laptop with this processor so I found this info in a forum somewhere. She only doesn't word processing and stuff so that is plenty for a work laptop.

Back
Top Bottom