Looking for a modular power supply with flat cables

Associate
I am thinking about getting the Silverstone FT-02W. I believe that the cable management space at the back is not that great, so picking the right power supply is important.

For example a quote from from JonnyGuru about the AX850w from Corsair that i am looking at buying:

With the AX being fully modular, they have the opportunity to make all of the cables flat and easier to route, but instead, the 24-pin ATX and 4-pin and 8-pin CPU and PCIe power connector cables are all still the usual sleeved type. Hmm... what a shame.

So are there any fully modular power supplies that have all the cables flat?

Are there any FT-02W owners with the AX850w and if so what is their experience?

Any thoughts on this dilemna is appreciated :)

Associate
The only 2 gripes with this case is the cable room at the back of the case, and the case doesn't support standard size PSUs.

I can't even thread the 24-pin through the back because it compresses against the side foam too much.

EDIT: Yes, I have this case. But not the PSU you mentioned.

Last edited:
Soldato
I flat 24-Pin would be HUGELY wide.

I use a Corsair HX750. The non modular cables will all be used. THe 24-Pin braided cable bunch fits behind my backpanel on an Antec 300 fine - hardly a huge amount of room, infact it's about the width of the panel itself at most. The cables are free to move in the braiding so you can "flatten" it out somewhat anyway.

The only gripe I have with the Corsair units is the +12V EPS 4+4 cable is far too short. Should buy an extension next time really.

Soldato
HX850 here, fits fine in the FT02. Even the non flat 24 pin cable. I only have the sata power cable and 24 pin on the back and it's fine.

The space is sorta like most normal cases. It's not a huge amount but it's alright for putting a few cables in :)

Back
Top Bottom