Looking for a Monitor

Associate
Hi Guys,

This is my first post :),

Looking for a bit of advice, looking for a monitor for my new PC, around 19", not looking to spend a fortune.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Soldato
If you're only looking at 19" (that's really tiny, btw) then honestly there's nothing to pick from. They're all business class and low resolution, 60hz with iffy colour reproduction.

Personally I would aim for a minimum of 22" ideally 24, since you'll get a lot more choice at this size. What's your actual budget?

Associate
OP
If you're only looking at 19" (that's really tiny, btw) then honestly there's nothing to pick from. They're all business class and low resolution, 60hz with iffy colour reproduction.

Personally I would aim for a minimum of 22" ideally 24, since you'll get a lot more choice at this size. What's your actual budget?

Its only for my Son at the moment so thats why i was thinking just a 19", he only going to be playing MineCraft in the intrim and then will probs get bored, When he does then ill be looking to use it :), i looking to spend no more than £50 really at this moment.

Hi!

Somethings like these are extremely cheap and still good enough:

These are great thanks

i'll echo what eddie said,you will be always looking at the monitor so don't skimp out on it.

Grab a second hand 24in ips for around £40-50
Yeah if/when my son gets bored then i will look at upgrading the monitor, if i don't purchase a decent one to start with, you've gave me some ideas to look at.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Its only for my Son at the moment so thats why i was thinking just a 19", he only going to be playing MineCraft in the intrim and then will probs get bored, When he does then ill be looking to use it :), i looking to spend no more than £50 really at this moment.

Fair enough :)

I would definitely consider checking an auction site for 2nd hand 24" models. Consider any Dell 24xx model, e.g. 2407wfp, if you can find one. I have one at home, used solidly for 9+ years, not a fault to be found other than it runs a bit warm. Back when screens were built to a standard rather than down to a price :)

Permabanned
Exactly what i've done thanks :), got a 22" monitor for £15 :)

Good.
I recently sold my TFT LCD BenQ 22" for €35. The customer couldn't believe and asked me why so cheap.

See how unfair the monitor market is. You have to sell your used and relatively not bad monitors for extremely cheap.
But if you wanna a new modern monitor, you must rob a bank :o :(

Soldato
for future reference -
Keep your eyes on the Amazon 'used' monitors, I just picked up an AOC 24" IPS monitor for £80 for a relation (samsung monitor failed), with, nonetheless, a years guarantee
- it looks untouched and I could not see the damaged packaging they suggested/promised

Back
Top Bottom