Looking for a partner in crime (Software Engineer)

Associate
Hi all,

Long time (near) silent member here.

I'm looking for someone who is interested in undertaking some freelance work in the embedded software area. I am full time employed but undertake a lot of side projects, I have been successful in the London tech startup scene selling my services as an electronic engineer. I can and do write a heck of a lot of code (mostly C and Python) but I'm no guru. If you'd like to work on some cool projects, make some dough and have a laugh while doing so, send me a PM. For clarification, we would be equals, you would not be my employee, you would be paid by the client.

Thanks
George

Associate
OP
What you working on George? You sound like me, but I can't code for **** lol

I have had mixed experiences on upwork but currently working with a couple of good guys.

I need to be vague in public...

Current projects are developing a range of geotechnical monitoring equipment, currently got a healthy mount of funding and should be shipping in the next month. HS2 is a large client worth millions to the company in the next few years.

Another is some high end lighting which includes home automation control. Currently building the business, looking for funding in the next 6 months.

Finally, some freelance work some on some hair and beauty products for a celebrity. Lots of funding there, development is in progress.

I have a large network with many individuals and many more ideas. I have years of run way.

Which embedded platforms?

I mostly use STM32, the Espressif SDK with ESP32, TI Sitara and NXPs iMX6 range. I expect the a candidate engineer to pickup and run with anything, however.

Associate
OP
Would you consider outsourcing the coding to an agency?

I have a lot of recruiters/sales people offering me contractors and low cost software houses in Asia and eastern Europe; they don't make sense from my perspective. I run very lean, it's only me! The time it takes to write the briefs, answer their questions and review their pull requests is more than if I just did it myself. I'm looking for someone who is self motivated and can get their arms around the task and make it their own. That's why I mentioned being equals in the OP.

Back
Top Bottom