Looking for a quiet good thermals workstation case no window or RGB

Associate
Hi all,

Specs will likely be 3950x or 5950x, 64gb ram, 3080ti (if it comes out) or 3090. The machine will be used for cpu and gpu based rendering (but not a render farm being thrashed all day and night - light to medium usage) as well as Substance Painter and of course, need I say, sweet sweet video gaming.

Just looking for a simple minimalist black case, with good build quality, quiet with decent thermals. No leds or windows as it's going to live in the bedroom.

Any help would be much appreciated!

I was looking at the Meshify C or Define R6 both from Fractal. Not sure what peoples thoughts are on those cases? Gamers Nexus seems to think they're decent.

Thanks in advance

Soldato
Define R6, I’ve had one. Superb case, tons of storage, will take a silly number of hard drives, built very well, sound insulation on the side panels. Can have 3x140 intakes providing ample cooling at very low speeds.

The Jonsbo’s look nice but they aren’t at the same level as an R6 IMO. I also prefer the R6 to the R7 - most of the changes they made are just superficial, and in some areas such as the removal of the screws holding the side panels on - they’ve gone backwards. Anyway yeah - R6:D

Associate
OP
Amazing! Thanks for the advice - I'm coming round to its purity. I think I might take the plunge with the R6. Getting hold of a graphics card will be a whole other kettle of fish though... I saw Gamers Nexus tested the R7 to be slightly hotter than the R6 too so that seals the deal for the R6.

Soldato
I never had any problems with my R6 temperature wise. Had 3x 140mm intakes (2 front and 1 bottom), 3x 140mm outtakes, one in the rear two up top. Was very very quiet, and a good measure of air was passing through it. They are a really nice case for sure.

Back
Top Bottom