Looking for a replacement MB for ASUS P6X58D PREMIUM

Associate
Hi

My Motherboard died and I'm looking for a replacement so I can still use the CPU, RAM & Graphics card. I can get a used MB from ebay etc but for £200 thats a joke. Any recommendations for a cheaper and newer motherboard that will take my CPU and RAM etc?

Many thanks in advance

Current spec:
Intel® Core™i7 Processor i7-960 (3.20GHz) 4.8GTs/8MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® P6X58D PREMIUM: TRUE USB 3.0 & SATA 6.0Gb/s, 3-Way SLI
6GB KINGSTON HYPER-X TRI-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (3 x 2GB KIT)
GTX 750 Ti - graphics card

Man of Honour
Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

Unfortunately the likes of Ebay or other second hand outlets such as CeX are your only choice as that platform was replaced years ago. All the modern platforms take DDR4 now so not only would you need a new cpu but memory as well. I wouldn't pay £100+ for a used replacement motherboard for a outdated system and personally I would put the money towards a overdue upgrade. Sorry to be blunt but it's really hard to justify spending so much money on such a old system.

Man of Honour
echo the above, really. your system is that old that it's not really worthwhile to replace any broken parts.
a full overhaul would be of more value

Associate
OP
Wow guys you really didn't read the post did you. I want to reuse the old cpu and ram - period.
I already have a new up-to-date system (i7 9700k, M2 1TB, 32GB RAM, GTX1080 etc) - What I want is to keep the old one going too, hence the request for a replacement Motherboard - I wish ppl would just answer the question instead of making assumptions ie What motherboard would work with Intel® Core™i7 Processor i7-960 (3.20GHz) 4.8GTs/8MB Cache and Intel® Core™i7 Processor i7-960 (3.20GHz) 4.8GTs/8MB Cache? Obs the cheaper the better. Thanks in advance

Don
well I wont be using this ****** forum again - what a waste of time
You question was answered.

The system is so old, you can't get new motherboards for it, the only place you'll be able to pick something up is 2nd hand on the likes of Ebay, but if you do resort to that, you're looking for a LGA1366 board. Most should be compatible.

Soldato
Ebay or local ad sites (Gumtree etc) for X58 boards.

Apart from that, erm, well, Cheap Chinese knock off which has the correct socket but none of the actual x58 features.

Only other real option is to upgrade tbh.

I also love the "waste of time" response, not that you would have got a different answer ANYWHERE else...

Back
Top Bottom