Looking for advice on a secondary monitor

Associate
Hi everyone. Just after a bit of advice.

I'm primarily a gamer and run a RTX 2080 on a G-Sync compatible "32GK850F 32" 2560X1440 VA FREESYNC 2 HDR 144HZ 1MS WIDESCREEN LED GAMING MONITOR" via display port. I also have a secondary monitor for game maps, browsing, streams, etc. which is currently a really old crappy 21.5" 1080p thing connected via a VGA adapter on a DVI port or something. This secondary monitor is what I'd like to upgrade.

Any advice for something low-cost (like in the £200-250 range, or even preferably lower). Prefer something that won't look out of place next to the LG and also think I prefer flat to curved as it's secondary.

Lastly, when I ran two 1080p monitors both on DVI previously I could have them wake up from sleep or enter/exit full screen applications without any brief screen flickering whereas since I upgraded to have one 1440p on DP and one 1080p on DVI I often have a brief 0.5s screen flicker after these kinds of events where the monitors seem to turn off for a moment then come back on. Any of you think this would be helped by matching resolution? Or would matching connectivity between monitors do it?

Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom