Looking for motherboard for 2700 x

Associate
Hi all,

I don't know where to begin so yea, i have up to £150 for a motherboard but which one would you recommend for 2700 x which is an amd am4 processor?

Here is what i would use the motherboard for, i would use 1 hard disk drive, 1 cd optical drive and that is it no need for raid 0 etc so that is 2 sata ports used.

Also i would only use up to 4 usb ports as well, 1 for keyboard and 1 for mouse and 1 for audio dac/amp and 1 for windows xbox 360 controller.

I will also pair it with this pc case >https://www.overclockers.co.uk/xigmatek-talon-midi-tower-windowed-gaming-case-black-ca-067-xg.html

Also i do not need crossfire or nvidia sli as i would be using 1 gpu which is gtx1070.

All i want is a decent motherboard which will use the amd 2700x to it's full potential that is all.

I also think the motherboard will have to be basic since i stated what i would be using it for maybe costing under 100 pounds but i want a gaming motherboard though unless that is a sales gimmick yea?

Also the motherboard has to be atx.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I will definitely do a review regarding the motherboard for sure.

Should be good especially at this price.

Anyways i now have the processor a amd 2700x and now this motherboard which will come tomorrow so i have 2 pc hardware parts and because it is expensive it will take me around about 3 months to get all the pc hardware parts.

Anyways have a nice day.

Dan.

Man of Honour
I will definitely do a review regarding the motherboard for sure.

Should be good especially at this price.

Anyways i now have the processor a amd 2700x and now this motherboard which will come tomorrow so i have 2 pc hardware parts and because it is expensive it will take me around about 3 months to get all the pc hardware parts.

Anyways have a nice day.

Dan.
Thank you I appreciate it :)

Associate
OP
For me if it does the job then i will be happy with it as i won't be demanding a lot from the motherboard, i also will do a mild overclock on the 2700x processor to give me 4.35ghz all the time which should be easy with this motherboard and this motherboard from what i have read is good at overclocking with things like volt drop etc but i am a novice so yeah.

I won't be bragging about my new pc either ;) but it is considered to be higher end at least.

Associate
OP
I am brain dead when it comes to m.2 storage devices, i am totally new to it.

I wonder if it just plugs into a standard pci-e port or not, but with the way the input socket looks like with this i don't know > https://www.overclockers.co.uk/wd-b...-solid-state-drive-wds200t2b0b-hd-54p-wd.html

But with the picture below it supports m.2. drives which is the motherboard of my choice but i wonder if it will support that western digital one regarding the link above this sentence.

36434338_10156513059737375_1340257223460257792_o.jpg

I am attracted to that deal and for £419 seems like a good deal to me as i would like faster read and write times when compared to a bog standard 7200rpm mechanical drive.

Man of Honour

I wonder if it just plugs into a standard pci-e port or not, but with the way the input socket looks like with this i don't know > https://www.overclockers.co.uk/wd-b...-solid-state-drive-wds200t2b0b-hd-54p-wd.html

But with the picture below it supports m.2. drives which is the motherboard of my choice but i wonder if it will support that western digital one regarding the link above this sentence.

I am attracted to that deal and for £419 seems like a good deal to me as i would like faster read and write times when compared to a bog standard 7200rpm mechanical drive.
See the black metal heatsink under the very top PCI-e slot on the motherboard (where the GPU goes) that's the M.2 slot, it uses the PCI-e lanes not the physical slot :)

Associate
OP
Thank you that clears up a lot for me,

Stupid me i thought it was this... but from your picture i was proven incorrect.

36418866_10156513092842375_237785761921892352_o.jpg

I was not correct not one bit...

Just for the sake of it i posted this picture..

I seem to think that what you posted you open them up yeah..

Associate
OP
Right, well what is confusing me is the shape of the m.2. drive it self for instance this below which is the drive i want.

HD54PWD_169881_800x800.jpg

And this below,

HD552WD_185797_800x800.jpg

The connector parts are different i suppose that is why there is 2 different sized m.2. ports on this motherboard yeah?

I should be fine anyways thanks for your help.

Man of Honour
They do different length and width models but the 2 pics you've posted are different in the connection type, the top pic is a SATA drive, similar speed to a normal SSD and the bottom pic is an NVMe drive, which is the much faster one, though a lot of comments on the web suggest that in normal day to day operations you'll not notice the difference? :)

Associate
OP
They do different length and width models but the 2 pics you've posted are different in the connection type, the top pic is a SATA drive, similar speed to a normal SSD and the bottom pic is an NVMe drive, which is the much faster one, though a lot of comments on the web suggest that in normal day to day operations you'll not notice the difference? :)

I think well this is hard for me to say but i say this, i don't think it would make a difference... for some reason games are optimized for slow 7200rpm mechanical drives and the other part of my brain says yes it does make a difference.

I think i misread nevermind.

I am going to hit the sack bedtime for me since i need it, i'll talk tomorrow when i feel refreshed from the sleep.

Well not noticing the difference this is not fully true i think in my rational mind.

Associate
OP

Okay so the motherboard supports a m.2. NVMe PCIe X4.

I was thinking of picking up a ADATA SX8200 1tb .

I will look at the port to see what it supports so will have too take off the thermal guard as i am not sure what the port supports regarding the connector part.

Right well i think it definitely supports the connector of a hardware part that gives over 1,000MB/S read or write roughly yeah now i know which is parts labelled as NVMe simply put and not M.2. 2280.

I will buy the ADATA SX8200 1tb then seeing it is good bang for your money.

Found out all about it here > https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31896346

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom