• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Looking for New Gaming Grfx Card - Only got £250

Associate
Hi needs some help. My system spec is below and I'm looking for a new graphics card as my existing one has gone faulty. I'm happy with either Nvidia or AMD and games I play are COD WWII, BOP III/4, but want something that will see me into the future but will my spec below hold me back if I'm looking at higher bit rate cards?

Recommendations and advice is always gratefully welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Associate
OP
Looking at the Radeon RX 580 Red Dragon V2 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card its looks good shouldn't cost me anything else to upgrade so unless there are any other contenders its a good choice. Thanks friend.

Soldato
for that price definatley go second had, you can get more bang for your buck.

a second hand GTX 1070 at around £230-£250 price point is much better than a RX 580 which is also a good card but gtx 1070 is much faster, or even a 980TI can be had around the £200 mark, its roughly the same speed as a GTX 1070 and again a good buy but getting old.

do you have access to members market? if yes then check there regular there are some really good deals to be had. Just saw a 1070 go for £215.

if you dont want second had then the AMD RX 580 8GB is a really good card.

Associate
It's a buyers market at the moment so either go for a 6GB 1060 which will play everything at 1080p and will cost 2/3 of your budget or look for a 1080 deal. The 1070's don't have much to offer as the 1060 is more than enough for 1080p and the 1070 is no match for the 1080 at 4k.

Associate
Leaving AMD out mainly as I don't believe they are power efficient for a gaming setup plus there is no way you can find one 2nd hand that hasn't been used for mining.

Associate
do you have access to members market? if yes then check there regular there are some really good deals to be had. Just saw a 1070 go for £215..

How does one get access to the market? Do you need to be a member for a certain amount of time or a number of posts? Seems a shame you can't at least buy. Might have to go the CEX route or just buy new.

Back
Top Bottom