Looking for on camera flash diffuse for events when bounce and OCF are not possible. Thoughts?

Soldato
Hi all, I have quite a few corporate events coming up in venues where bounce flash or off camera flash won't be possible for various reasons. I have a rouge flash bender but to be honest I find it's a bit big and unwieldy for fast paced busy events so i was on the lookout for something a bit more compact.

I'm aware of products such as the gary fong or the magmod system but both of these seem rather expensive so i'm wondering if they really offer value for money or whether they're a bit hyped. I'm essentially looking for ways to soften the flash as much as possible with a small, compact, fast speedlight attachable and was hoping i could get some recommendations. Also, for what it's worth, I'll probably need to use two as I'll be shooing with two cameras.

Many thanks!

Soldato
OP
I have a pair of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071D1C7FG

Not really had a chance to do side by side comparisons as it was the first time using them on my off camera flashes but they are compact enough and flex easily if nudged so were fine for on camera shooting too.

thanks - would you say they offered a good quality light compared with bare flash? (i know you didn't do side by sides, but thought i'd ask)

Back
Top Bottom