Looking for recommendations

Associate
Hi All, I'm looking for a new headset (or headphones+clip mic) to replace my now broken Sennheiser PC 360 SE (I fell in love with Sennheiser after years of going through "gaming" headsets by Creative, Razer & Astro), my favorite pair were Sennheiser PC 360 GAME (which seemed to have more bass than my recent pair) I have an Asus Xonar D2X Soundcard & use them mostly for Gaming/TS but I also listen to allot of rock/metal music.

I don't have a budget in mind just trying to find something that's right for me

Soldato
well Senn G4ME one is teh PC 360's replacement.

So assuming your budget is £200 or less

Senn HD598 (like the Game one but cheaper and overall better)+ modmic/desktop mic/clip mic

Personally the mic without buying a decent recording one will never live up to the quality of the sennheiser mic but the audio experience in gaming and musically will be improved over gaming headphones.

EDIT Removed AKG because a D2X will not power them properly

Soldato
One suggestion is HyperX Cloud, and although it's a very good headset, the microphone is not all that great apparently. That's one area where Sennhesier headsets are very good; the microphone. It might do the job OK, but if you're used to a better microphone and something you are looking for, then that may disappoint.

Headphones + clip on microphone is certainly a viable alternative, but with the D2X not having a headphone amp, that will limit the choice somewhat. Also, Antlion Modmic aside, clips on microphones tend to be cheap and while OK, won't come close to the microphone on the PC350SE.

Desk microphone is an option. Some people use Blue microphones, but then you're looking at £70? for just for the microphone.

Or you could just grab another PC350 SE, that's currently £75 on a certain website. Quite a bargain compared to the Game One, Zero and other variants that are around £170.

Associate
I have some 598's and listen to a lot of music aswell(Edit:Exclusively Metal) as gaming.Pretty great overall,will be fine with on board audio,but would reccomend a dac/amp at a later date if music is your main use/concern.With standard mobo audio they slightly lack the energy/punch the genre needs imo.

For gaming they are great either way tho.Super comfy for long sessions too

Back
Top Bottom