Looking for someone with a Honda Goldwing

Soldato
Hey guys, small query here, a work colleague of mine is looking to possibly hire someone with a Honda Goldwing, his wife has a special birthday coming up and she's always wanted a passenger ride on one, I know its a long shot, but we're asking around a lot of places to see if anyone has one or knows of anyone with one at all.

He has tried around the owners club forums and not really had any bites, so we're trying each and every loose end between us now!

Thanks!

Soldato
I would think that "hire for reward" would invalidate a lot of riders insurance which is why you've not had much positive response. You'd potentially be better off looking at hiring one for a day from a local dealer.

Soldato
OP
I would think that "hire for reward" would invalidate a lot of riders insurance which is why you've not had much positive response. You'd potentially be better off looking at hiring one for a day from a local dealer.

Maybe I came across wrong, I didn't mean he wants someone to loan him theirs for the day, he is medically not allowed to drive or ride and literally wants someone to take his wife out on one, which I'm assuming isn't hire for reward, its merely taking a passenger out, as the owner would be the one riding the bike. Unless I'm missing something (I know not much at all about how bike insurance works, if its different from car insurance etc...)

Soldato
hire for reward would depend upon if any money is exchanged.
I would expect "reward" to cover more than just money, bottle of scotch, tank of fuel etc would potentially still be classed as a reward.

[edit] - Just for piece of mind for your mate and any potential owner it might be worthwhile phoning an insurance company to get their perspective and if neccesary to see if it's possible to extend someones cover for a limited period.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
hire for reward would depend upon if any money is exchanged.

If money is being exchanged your effectively a taxi - hence the insurance being sketchy.

Oh i see, hadn't even thought of it in that sense, fair enough!

Think we found someone, ironically who lives next door to another work colleague, so I'll levae it in their hands, but thanks for the feedback and input guys :)

Caporegime
I would expect "reward" to cover more than just money, bottle of scotch, tank of fuel etc would potentially still be classed as a reward.

[edit] - Just for piece of mind for your mate and any potential owner it might be worthwhile phoning an insurance company to get their perspective and if neccesary to see if it's possible to extend someones cover for a limited period.

in reality however, how are the insurance company to know ? If they ask he was giving a friend a lift .. simple.

Theres insurance fraud, and theres doing a favour for somebody with a dream....

Back
Top Bottom