Looking @ getting a blackberry Bold on Orange

Soldato
Thinking of getting the above, looking for a handset thats easy to mail/sms on take pictures and receive pics (not mad about the quality) also do some facebook and web browsing on the move!

Anyone got one on Orange? Will be looking for some internet package bolt on with them..

What's the battery life like on these, looked at some reviews on youtube and they look smart, crisp screen, OS looks nice and fast!

They seem really good?

Soldato
imho they are the best phone out there at the moment.

i changed 3 months ago from the main stream phone's to a blackberry and i will stay with them for a long time now.

the os is smooth and easy to get on with.

my battery last's a lot longer than my old Sony Ericsson.

the camera on mine is only a 2 meg but the pictures are reallly really good for a 2 meg.

you will not be disappointed in a blackberry.

Associate
Yes you can.

Battery life on my mine last for about 24 hrs usually, depending on how much talk time you use. Can be less than a working day if I use it a lot though...

Camera isn't all that great - although during daylight it's 'ok'

As above, it's the best phone I've ever used & I've had a lot of experience with the HTC devices and the like as we use them at work.

I have a 16GB card in mine so it's replaced my iPod too :)

Another downside is the Blackberry Maps, I wish it was a bit more intuitive as a Sat Nav device - however Garmin do a Sat Nav package for them, it's about £70 if I remember rightly.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hehehe glad to see another person wanting to go the Blackberry way...i have the Bold myself, use it on Tmobile and have to say its the best device ive ever owned and ive had plenty of winmo and symbian phones.

I dont know about Orange but havent heard many good things about them...there were rumours flying around that they were going to drop the Bold as they had too many issues with them...but i guess they decided not to. The Bold seems at this moment the best Blackberry device out there.

You will need to add a BIS service to your account...might be an extra £5 or something...but without that you wont get the full experience of the Bold.

Otherwise enjoy the phone and if you have any problems then head over to www.crackberry.com. Quite a large BB community with specific forums for each BB device.

Soldato
OP
Going to call Orange now and see what they can do!

OK now Orange say that "You can only upgrade early in the last 3 months of your current contract" which is silly as I'm willing to sign into another 18 month contract now?

May purchase the handset on the bay of e and roast Orange in November!!

Are they giving me bull or is this the truth??

Thanks

Caporegime
OK now Orange say that "You can only upgrade early in the last 3 months of your current contract" which is silly as I'm willing to sign into another 18 month contract now?

May purchase the handset on the bay of e and roast Orange in November!!

Are they giving me bull or is this the truth??

Thanks

Nope sounds like its the truth...Tmobile only let me upgrade since Jan of this yr but i havent bothered to do it as they arent offering me anything at the moment that catches my eye.

Associate
not sure if this is still true but orange had a lot of problems with the bold. basically they couldnt get it to work properly with the network - would keep on dropping off. the net result would be you wouldnt recieve any emails for a couple of days, then you would recieve them all at once. orange actually took then phone of the network a couple of times and stopped selling it.

there is nothing wrong with the bold itself - i have one on tmob and its the best phone ive ever had - just seems orange cant get it to work right. i would do a bit of reserach and see if this is still the case.,

Associate
What a 9000 bold off the bay?

There are deals to be had then

Indeed - as long as you find a seller who removes bids from newly registered members, (they tend to totally ruin the auctions by bidding insane amounts), you can grab a bargain!

Just contact the seller and confirm that the PIN has been released if the handset is used, if not you will not be able to use the email/messenger functionality of the phone.

Soldato
OP
Indeed - as long as you find a seller who removes bids from newly registered members, (they tend to totally ruin the auctions by bidding insane amounts), you can grab a bargain!

Just contact the seller and confirm that the PIN has been released if the handset is used, if not you will not be able to use the email/messenger functionality of the phone.

But I won't need to do this on a brand new handset off the bay?

Soldato
Got my Bold free from work and also loving it. Was actually in the market for a new phone but now i've cut my contract with o2 and put it on a simplicity tariff as i only really use my work phone now as its on an unlimited data tariff :D

The only downside i see so far is the built in memory size and having to convert avi files to mp4 before the phone will play them back.

The battery life is ok, i tend to use mine a lot for music and films on the train so end up charging it every night.

The camera is nothing special, just like most phones its fairly poor at close ups and in the dark.

MW

Back
Top Bottom