Looking to build a Gaming Rig

Associate
Hi all

Looking to build a high spec gaming PC, I have a decent budget as I want something that will play games with everything maxed out and I don't want to be upgrading much for a couple of years. Not looking into overclocking 'yet' (unless someone who knows what they're doing volunteers ;) ) but will do later on down the road when I feel confident enough. (I don't really understand the finer details of computers yet but I'm reading up on it)

So with Crysis 3 in mind I'm just wondering what the best Water cool-able Motherboard and CPU combination is? I've already settled on getting a water cooled GTX 690 on a dedicated loop and will probably SLI that as and when my disposable income allows. 16GB Corsair Dominator PLATINUM 2400MHz Dual/Quad. Could go for the Intel Core i7-3970X 3.50GHz but would that be a waste of money for just gaming?

I've planned on a dedicated Boot/OS SSD with a Large SSD for games and a large HDD for Media and documents.

Looking at Dual Reservoir/Pump, 240 & 360 radiators with 4 & 6 fans. 240 for MB & CPU and the 360 for the GPU's. How does that sound?

Any recommendations for Case/Power supply are welcome as I've not worked that out yet and general views or improvements on what I've planned so far.

Cheers
G

Associate
Associate
OP
Thanks bud. Nice looking case but looks like it would need butchering to fit the rads. Don't really want to dig the tools out as I'd like to sell it on as at some point I might be fabricating a custom case. So been looking at big cases. The one I've got my eye on is the NZXT Switch 810.

Also looked at some other RAM choices and saw 32 GB 2400MHz (4x8GB) for a similar price so wondering if it's better off just throwing that in instead.

Back
Top Bottom