Associate
Hi guys,

I'm looking to spend around £500 for the following:

Mobo
CPU
RAM
Case
PSU

I'd like to overclock, and I'd like 16 GB RAM if possible. What would you suggest? It's mostly for gaming, and I'll be putting an R9 390 in there.

Thanks!

Soldato
My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £472.53
(includes shipping: £11.10)

Something like this?
Case is a personal choice so will leave that to you.
If you are not happy with putting a MATX motherboard into a ATX case, the ATX version is here.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £112.49
(includes shipping: £10.50)

The CPU does come with a cooler and is apparently good for a mild overclock.​

Last edited:
Soldato
What case did you get?

Using Corsair RAM myself, but it has shot up in price since i got mine.
Wanted to spec some that fit your budget and leave you some cash for a case.

Associate
OP
I went for the GameMax Silent in black. It's a nice understated design with front door and soundproofing. I'm a little over budget with that and the RAM, but I think it should be a decent system. I think I'll upgrade the R9 390 next, as this thing is noisy and pumps out a lot of heat.

Associate
OP
Well, I got it built last night and it's great! Fast and quiet; exactly what I wanted.

I'll be reinstalling Windows 10, but I'm very impressed with how it handles itself when transferred directly into a new system. A few minutes of setting up devices and I was onto the desktop and firing up games and benchmarks.

I managed an easy 3.8 GHz overclock, but couldn't get the memory to run anything but 2133 MHz (it's rated at 3000 MHz) with the presets. I'll have to spend some time reading up and going through the advanced settings tonight.

Associate
OP
Yeah, I was also surprised by the quality for the price, and it was very easy to work with.

I believe I'm on the latest version: F5. I thought there was an F6, but that appears to be for the ATX version.

Soldato
From what i see that is the latest. Not used Ryzen myself so not going to much help with settings, but from what i have read the F5 bios was supposed to help with RAM.

Hopefully some of the more knowledgeable folk will be able to help you.

Back
Top Bottom