1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to to change my old full tower case to mid tower

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by haroon158, Jul 10, 2018.

1. haroon158

Associate

So I built my PC about 6 years ago when I was quite naive, ended up wasting a lot of money on my build when I could potentially have saved 30% of my cost of my build. Long story short, the only thing I've ended up replacing so far is the graphics card but all my old parts are now out of warranty.

I have a cooler master haf-x, it's very large and heavy. about 600mm in height and length and the case has always been mostly empty, I don't have any extra peripherals inside. The front USB ports are broken and the stands are broken too.

So now I am looking to change to a smaller case my budget is about £70.

*About 450mm in length/height.
    *Windowed Screen
    *Dust filters on the intakes
    *Strong bottom case stands
    *Prefrably at least 1 5.25" bay
    *PSU Shroud
    *Good cable management with grommets

Would appreciate any insight you guys can offer, another point to note, I'm not into overclocking thus I dont pay much attention to cooling. I've seen the NZXT s340 which seems quite nice but doesn't have a 5.25" bay.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  2. koooowweeee

Mobster

I think that was a common fault with the front usb ports. I emailed them about mine and they send me a brand new top bit. It's was the haf 932 which I think is basically the same thing apart from a few tweaks .

What cooler and GPU do you have. Some are to big for a midi case

3. Armageus

Don

What motherboard have you got? Full ATX or Micro ATX?

4. haroon158

Associate

Ah. Was your 932 still in warranty when you emailed them? If there still willing to send me a new one for free I could potentially sell the case on.

GPU is gtx 1050TI strix, smaller than my older card xfx radeon 7950, don't think I would ever get one as big again.

Cooler: Stock Intel, works fine for me and I hate those high profile heatsinks!
    ATX! Although I am actually considering getting an mATX mobo if it means I can get a nice smaller case.

5. Tupro

Hitman

6. koooowweeee

Mobster

It was. But worth a try?