Looks like ive switched to console from pc.

Soldato
Never heard of it and google didn't bring up anything :/

Can't fight the fact there really isn't much of a serious competition scene.

King of Fighters, Street fighter. They're Both Massive tournament wise

I'd happily take some games at 640x480 as long as there's substance to it. Resolution really has become too important to some people

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm fortunate to have both a PS3 and a decent gaming PC so I get the best of both worlds. I have a PC for amazing exclusives (S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl, Penumbra, Amnesia etc.) and FPS games and I have a PS3 for sitting on a comfy sofa, relaxing with mates over and of course the PS3 exclusives (Killzone 2, Uncharted, Heavy Rain etc.). If you can afford to have both then do so. :)

Man of Honour
I'm fortunate to have both a PS3 and a decent gaming PC so I get the best of both worlds. I have a PC for amazing exclusives (S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl, Penumbra, Amnesia etc.) and FPS games and I have a PS3 for sitting on a comfy sofa, relaxing with mates over and of course the PS3 exclusives (Killzone 2, Uncharted, Heavy Rain etc.). If you can afford to have both then do so. :)

:eek: what about the 360 exclusives? :p

Hehe, joking aside, this is my plan once the next gen consoles surface.

Soldato
why the heck would you spend all your time in the settings? :S

heres what i do.. buy new game > install > settings > crack it up on high/ultra 1080p > play

messing in the settings takes about 2 mins, you dont have to keep going back in there just leave it alone and play the game.

i went from pc to console because more friends but then just ended up going back to pc.. rrod, crashing, slow dashboard, too many kids on xbox live, low framerates and fps games on a controller is horrible.

Soldato

This! There is no way I would ever give up my PC with such amazing games as STALKER about. Looking forward to STALKER 2 :).

I have to say that recently I have enjoyed collecting a few trophies here and there and I got a big sense of achievement when I got my first Platinum trophy in Resident Evil 5. Its a shame there isn't a similar trophy/achievement system on Steam that gave an overall score or trophies for your achievements.

Soldato
I play BF3 on 360 and have no problem. Considering it is running on 7 year old hardware, it looks great, sounds great and runs smooth.

I tried to play BF3 again today after a while out & the new patch being put out.

Lets just say I experienced nothing you just said.

It looks horrible, Worse than BF:BC2 imo, Green flashing textures are annoying & off putting, Hit detection is stupid, Rubber banding is worse than it was before & frame rate just plummets whenever it feels like it.

Only thing I can agree with really is the sounds.

360 by the way^

Last edited:
Soldato
I used to tweak a lot but now after an initial set-up for new games I just leave it alone. I have kept my current SLI PC for about 20 months and happy with it. It gives me the flexibility I need, I like to play most RPGs and FPS with a K/B + mouse and then other games with my 360 controller. Currently playing Skyrim on my PC with my controller on my 40" TV; best of both worlds :)

Soldato
For what it is worth, I know exactly what you mean and made he full jump to console after my sli 8800 GTX build was too old a couple of years back...

Now, I buy a game, stick it in, sit on the sofa in front of my 50 inch plasma and surround sound, feet up on the foot stall and rellaaaaaaxxxxx.

I enjoy gaming much more now. Previously, every new game just ended up to be a benchmark for my e peen...

Associate
Only really use my PC for RTS games these days. Only time I ever upgrade is when a game comes out on the PC that makes me go "wow", nothing has done that for years now.

Just sticking in the game and knowing everyone has the same machine you play against is just so much less hastle and money. Although playing BF3 with only 24 players doesnt feel anywhere near as good :p

Soldato
Now, I buy a game, stick it in, sit on the sofa in front of my 50 inch plasma and surround sound, feet up on the foot stall and rellaaaaaaxxxxx.

I just start up Steam, sit on my bed feet up with my controller in front of my 40 inch LED and relax, lol just showing guys it doesn't have to be hard with PC games either, forget benchmarks :)

Caporegime
OP
Just wish there was an effective way to play rts games on a console.. Like a mouse/keyboard option. Just today took me 2 hours before I could even play the game I wanted

Soldato
Well OP, i'm the opposite. My PS3 hasn't been switched on in months, in fact i've already started re-buying the games I have for it in Steam sales.

Caporegime
I just start up Steam, sit on my bed feet up with my controller in front of my 40 inch LED and relax, lol just showing guys it doesn't have to be hard with PC games either, forget benchmarks :)

The best PC games in my opinion are the ones played with a keyboard and mouse though. If the game supports the Xbox 360 pad and plays better with the pad than the KB and mouse then the chances are I can just buy it on the Xbox 360 to begin with.

Caporegime
OP
I prefer pc game style over console any day, it's the hassle that I hate, (combined with 20KBps on a good day Internet speed) that comes with constant updates. Means if I go to play a game after work I can't if it needs an update. So fire up the console!
Before steam etc I could at least play as updates were not required, games were actually bought in a playable state. If my connection was better steam would be OK.

I really hope the new consoles will offer keyboard / mouse options and be a proper hybrid without needing updates to play but still having them on offer. Probably won't happen tbh

Caporegime
I've actually gone the other way, I got bored with my 360 so decided to upgrade my PC.

There's nothing wrong with the 360, I just fancied a change and visual increase.

Associate
I tried to play BF3 again today after a while out & the new patch being put out.

Lets just say I experienced nothing you just said.

It looks horrible, Worse than BF:BC2 imo, Green flashing textures are annoying & off putting, Hit detection is stupid, Rubber banding is worse than it was before & frame rate just plummets whenever it feels like it.

Only thing I can agree with really is the sounds.

360 by the way^

I dont recall any of those issues on BF3 on X360.

Again, if you can afford a PC and console, its win win ;)

Back
Top Bottom