Looks like ive switched to console from pc.

Associate
I've actually gone the other way, I got bored with my 360 so decided to upgrade my PC.

There's nothing wrong with the 360, I just fancied a change and visual increase.

Very same here. Got sick of paying for everything (playing online, dlc - free on Steam!), the restrictive nature of consoles and the ever more childish direction the Xbox has gone down.

Associate
I am currently saving for a new gaming PC so this was an interesting read.

I enjoy playing FPS games such as BF3 and I am currently playing it on the PS3 and I do have a problem with it - the game isn’t nearly as good as the PC version! Map size, server slot size, graphics etc etc and I think its reasons like this I’m tempted to spend a small fortune to build my new gaming PC.....that and the fact games like diablo 3 are about to be released.

I am coming from a PC background, I played competitive CSS for around 2-3 years and they are some of the most enjoyable gaming years I have had but since my machine dated and I disbanded my team I haven’t really played much PC.

My worry is that I will spend a fortune on my PC and experience similar problems to what you’re having now! I don’t want to regret spreading the money especially when I enjoy my PS3 so much.

I have also found the competitive side is not to the same standard as PC and no control pad is ever going to have the same control you get with keyboard and mouse (FPS games)

I see lots of reasons for and against and its always going to come down to personal preference

I feel the same, I recently bought Deus Ex Human revolution for the PS3 when I could have got it on steam for cheaper last week, I just don't enjoy graphically intensive PC games these days, I'm forever tweaking the GFX settings and keeping my eye on the framerate, sometimes I just prefer to play the same game on the console instead and enjoy the core mechanics of the game rather than fixating on the performance and settings.

Soldato
The best PC games in my opinion are the ones played with a keyboard and mouse though. If the game supports the Xbox 360 pad and plays better with the pad than the KB and mouse then the chances are I can just buy it on the Xbox 360 to begin with.

The question is why would you do that? I get to play all my controller friendly games in a higher resolution, on a larger TV, faster loading times etc and still play on a large TV, the games are usually cheaper on PC too. I play a lot of Kb/m games too but just saying if games are multiplatfom, PC usually plays them better (my only exception so far is FIFA)

Back
Top Bottom