Loose TRUE backplate ON P6T

Caporegime
Im trying to fit the 1366 bracket for a TRUE on an asus p6t dlx (new revc style bracket) but it still seems very loose on each of the screw points.

Pic of bracket.
1366ifx14-0.jpg

Is this normal with this type of bracket.? Thanks in advance.

Soldato
Hmmm, I wouldn't have thought the bracket should be loose mate..

I have the older style TRUE bracket, and mine is tight, no movement whatsoever.

Although the heatsink itself can be twisted, this is a common issue though, and can be fixed by placing a washer inbetween the scissor bracket and the top of the heatsink base.

You could probably try placing a washer in there to, it would take up the slack to prevent the bracket from being loose.

Caporegime
OP
Having checked a bit closer mate it appears that this style of bracket is of no use whatsoever in my situation, to enable me to use the cooler properly ill need the older revision, on my mobo just behind the cpu socket area is a row of capacitors, if i was to attempt to screw the spring loaded screw in it would be hitting theese capacitors, i cant use the cooler venting towards the psu bay as this would mean it would be hitting my ram (ocz reaper with the big heatsink) Looks like im gonna have to get a hold of an older x type bracket.:(

Soldato
Man that sucks, you should try sticking an ad in the Wanted section of MM to see if anyone is looking to sell on one of the old style brackets, I got both of my brackets from the MM here.

One through the Wanted section, and the other was from the For Sale section.

Caporegime
OP
Got it sorted mate, had to swap the straight brackets round as one had the hole punched right through it, put it on the other side where there are no capacitors. build going well, albeit a bit slower than id planned.:)

Associate
I've got this too. I've got the backplate orientated correctly but it's slightly loose due to the silver metal sqaure on the underside of the mobo. is this ok once it's all installed?

Back
Top Bottom