lost 144 hz in 3080 upgrade.

Associate
I just put this card in but Nvidia control panel wont show 144 hz just 50 59 or 60 connecting to my Benq Q 144 hz monitors. Updated new drivers. ThThey are connected via DP.
I beleive the HDMI on the monitors is 1.4 but i dont think it give only 60 hz. I was running surround with two DP and one DVI on my 1080ti but have dropped down for now to two monitors as i needed the third DP free for VR.
So after solving this problem if there is a solution would it be better and simpler to just disconnect the third monitor and plug in the VR headset as and when I need to if I go 3 DP cables or would a HDMI to DVI at back of monitor cable work, so the third DP on the card is empty for VR?

Associate
OP
No I didn`t as such I have used DDU in past but this time i just went straight to Nvidia. But the first stage of installing cycle is removing the old drivers and also checked clean install. However I just found out "Surround" option works for two monitors and I have since got 144 hz back just now. I thought it was just for 3 monitors. I had them in single monitor mode which only offered me 60 hz. Maybe if I had one monitor just connected it would give me 144 hz?

Maybe iv got a dud hdmi cable and it turned things funny when I had all 3 connected when i initially tried to set up 3 monitors. I go with two monitors for now till i sort a solution to use all 3. Which brings me back to the other question, Do HDMI cable to DVI work? would this be solution to connect third monitor from GPU hdmi output to DVI connection in monitor. So I can keep the third DP free for VR headset.?

Soldato
No I didn`t as such I have used DDU in past but this time i just went straight to Nvidia. But the first stage of installing cycle is removing the old drivers and also checked clean install. However I just found out "Surround" option works for two monitors and I have since got 144 hz back just now. I thought it was just for 3 monitors. I had them in single monitor mode which only offered me 60 hz. Maybe if I had one monitor just connected it would give me 144 hz?

Maybe iv got a dud hdmi cable and it turned things funny when I had all 3 connected when i initially tried to set up 3 monitors. I go with two monitors for now till i sort a solution to use all 3. Which brings me back to the other question, Do HDMI cable to DVI work? would this be solution to connect third monitor from GPU hdmi output to DVI connection in monitor. So I can keep the third DP free for VR headset.?
Check the resolution settings in nVidia control panel. There will be 2 resolutions, one under HD heading and then more further down that lets you change to higher refresh rates.

Back
Top Bottom