LOST..... How do you think it will end

other questions about lost while i remember them...

how come people couldn't have babies on the island if they were conceived on the island? can't remember this being answered and it was a really massive story over the first 3-4 series.

people were candidates and came to the island on the plane as they were "loners". why did a guy tell claire to go the island as she was pregnant and then wouldn't be a candidate? i never once understood here character and it had a lot of potential imo.

how come the island had healing powers? how come it stopped on some people?

when locke was dying after ben shot him, walt appeared, which i guess was the black smoke? if this is true when did walt die and come back to the island for him to become walt? if not then who was it?

Last edited:
Soldato
other questions about lost while i remember them...

how come people couldn't have babies on the island if they were conceived on the island? can't remember this being answered and it was a really massive story over the first 3-4 series.

people were candidates and came to the island on the plane as they were "loners". why did a guy tell claire to go the island as she was pregnant and then wouldn't be a candidate? i never once understood here character and it had a lot of potential imo.

I'm guessing that jacob made the rule after his mother and the crazy woman incident.

Associate
Thought the ending was fitting, enjoyed it.

One thing that i was wondering about was why were the rules about jacob and MiB beeing killed different. (iirc you had to stab MiB before he spoke) but for jacob this didn't seem to apply.

Soldato
(iirc you had to stab MiB before he spoke) but for jacob this didn't seem to apply.

Nope. The rules applied to both brothers.

If you remember when the MIB asked Richard to kill Jacob, he said that he had to do it before Jacob spoke. The same rule applied to both brothers.

So, the obvious question: why was Ben able to kill Jacob? I have no idea.

We need Morgan Freeman to answer that question for us.

Soldato

If you remember when the MIB asked Richard to kill Jacob, he said that he had to do it before Jacob spoke. The same rule applied to both brothers.

I thought the whole reason you had to kill them before they spoke is because they both can promise you what you want. Richard got to live forever and sayid was promised his wife back. If you remember MIB/Lock says to sayid that you was sent here to die as the person who sent him knew it wasn't going to work.

Soldato
I bring news from Jacob!

LOST: THE COMPLETE SIXTH AND FINAL SEASON - Contents

* Every Sixth Season Episode
* Bloopers and Deleted Scenes
* Audio Commentaries accompany four episodes (LA X, Dr. Linus, Ab Aeterno and Across The Sea)
* The End: Crafting A Final Season - Join the LOST team along with other producers of some of television's longest running shows as they examine the challenges of ending a landmark series.
* A Hero's Journey - What makes a hero? Which survivors of Oceanic 815 are true heroes? These questions and more are explored.
* See You In Another Life, Brotha - Unlocks the mysteries of this season's intriguing flash sideways.
* 'LOST on Location' - Behind-the-scenes featurette showcasing stories from the set, including all-new interviews with actors and crew.
* PLUS: A LOST Blu-ray & DVD exclusive - Go deeper into the world of LOST with a much-anticipated new chapter of the island's story from Executive Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.

DVD SRP: US - $59.99/Canada - $79.99
Blu-ray SRP: US - $79.99/Canada - $94.99

Pictures Here: http://img80.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=lostcompletebeautyshotf.jpg

It might be cheaper and more satisfying to watch old copies of Sliders and The one.
I dont think there was any answers just possibilities from alternative reality story lines

Associate
"Let's put it this way: any ending for a show like Lost that feels like it could more or less be used to end any other TV show in history is probably an oversimplified ending. The sappy afterlife stuff is an epilogue, not an ending, and it's an epilogue we didn't need. We didn't need to know what happens to the characters after they die, and finding out adds nothing to them or their stories."

Pretty much sums up what i felt about the finale. I have to say, i got caught in the whole emmotional jack/kate storm, with the inevitable soul-mates conclusion, which made the end at least enjoyable as an episode. But as a show, very dissapointed :(

afaik that was just a myth, else they would have tried it a lot more to kill mib. it was originally said by china man so that sayid was killed by the mib, not so sayid will kill him. i think then the mib said it to richard as he knew jacob would make richard see sense if he had a chance to talk to him, which he did.

Let's put it this way: any ending for a show like Lost that feels like it could more or less be used to end any other TV show in history is probably an oversimplified ending. The sappy afterlife stuff is an epilogue, not an ending, and it's an epilogue we didn't need. We didn't need to know what happens to the characters after they die, and finding out adds nothing to them or their stories.

imo it was needed as it allowed the watcher to realise even though they died, their spirit still lived on and they were together and happy. this was a better conclusion for me as i was upset when people i had become attached to died such as with the chinese couple, but when you think that they continued to live, just not on the island, that's alright with me :)

Last edited:
Associate
I thought the finale was bull****, 5 years of content down the drain, and the finale didn't require half the season to be spent in the flash sideways.

sid

sid

Soldato
I wasn't personally expecting any answers at all. It was obvious from the episodes leading up the finale, that answers would never be given for the simple reason that there would be just no coherent way to tie it up at all. In that respect, I'm pleased with the ending as they would have failed more had they tried to answer anything.

Theres no point asking "how does it work?" in sci-fi shows anyways. I think we knew as far back as season 3, they were making it up as they went along so there was never going to be a coherent tie up.

Thats my take on it anyways

sid

Associate
I thought the finale was ********, 5 years of content down the drain, and the finale didn't require half the season to be spent in the flash sideways.

Lost was always more about how the story was told rather than the story itself. The fact that you/we followed it religiously for almost 6 years mean that the ending, whether you thought it was successful or not, was pretty irrelevant.

Last edited:
Associate
How come desmond was so in the know in purgatory?

They were all 'in the know' about the purgatory timeline once they had experienced something that reminded them of their past life. It just so happened that Desmond was first, and so took it upon himself to give the others a helping hand. It could just as easily been someone else.

Back
Top Bottom