Lost my love of gaming :(

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think if you are bored of a genre, no point hammering at it. I just accepted FPS story games are not an option and don't even try them anymore. Despite it being my favourite game type as a kid. However, there are definitely some genres of game that hold my interest.
Yeah. I have been trying to complete RDR 2 and I just find myself bored, decent story but I can stand not being able to save wherever you want. One mistake like getting greedy and you have to start the whole mission all over again. **** that. Will install and try and when there is nothing else I want to play left.

Man of Honour
Yeah. I have been trying to complete RDR 2 and I just find myself bored, decent story but I can stand not being able to save wherever you want. One mistake like getting greedy and you have to start the whole mission all over again. **** that. Will install and try and when there is nothing else I want to play left.

I like games that stop save scumming. It means your actions and decisions have consequences and need to be thought through.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I like games that stop save scumming. It means your actions and decisions have consequences and need to be thought through.
It depends on the game. I like being given a choice as it all depends on my mood. As an example Kingdom Come gave you the choice. Other strategy games give a mode called Ironman mode, or something like that where you cannot save spam and you get an achievement at the end also which I do sometimes.

This is actually the perfect place to discuss this actually. Right now I am somewhere in between with gaming where unless the game engrosses me or I am really enjoying it then I have no issues with not being able to save where I want. Prime example is I am playing Metroid Dread right now and I have died quite a few times on a boss fight, but it does not bother me at all as I am really enjoying the game. Each time I die I get a bit further and use better tactics and after a few deaths I nailed the boss and that was satisfying. But with RDR 2 I just want to just get through it as I paid around £30 and it would be a waste not to. Nice graphics and decent story, but for some reason it is just a bit boring and dying in the mission or failing it due to some reason is annoying as **** when you just want to get through it. I have uninstalled the game twice so far. Having so much more fun with Metroid Dread and no issues dying. So yeah, depends on one's mood and how much they are enjoying the game. Better to have options.

Man of Honour
It depends on the game. I like being given a choice as it all depends on my mood. As an example Kingdom Come gave you the choice. Other strategy games give a mode called Ironman mode, or something like that where you cannot save spam and you get an achievement at the end also which I do sometimes.

This is actually the perfect place to discuss this actually. Right now I am somewhere in between with gaming where unless the game engrosses me or I am really enjoying it then I have no issues with not being able to save where I want. Prime example is I am playing Metroid Dread right now and I have died quite a few times on a boss fight, but it does not bother me at all as I am really enjoying the game. Each time I die I get a bit further and use better tactics and after a few deaths I nailed the boss and that was satisfying. But with RDR 2 I just want to just get through it as I paid around £30 and it would be a waste not to. Nice graphics and decent story, but for some reason it is just a bit boring and dying in the mission or failing it due to some reason is annoying as **** when you just want to get through it. I have uninstalled the game twice so far. Having so much more fun with Metroid Dread and no issues dying. So yeah, depends on one's mood and how much they are enjoying the game. Better to have options.

Options are good, but I don't think easy mode should be the default with an achievement for not choosing it. They have often renamed them to "normal" now but in developer interviews they always state that the game is balanced around "hard" (4/5) mode.

Playing the way the game is deigned to be played should be the default, with achievements removed when playing easy mode. Otherwise whay bother calling them achievements?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Options are good, but I don't think easy mode should be the default with an achievement for not choosing it. They have often renamed them to "normal" now but in developer interviews they always state that the game is balanced around "hard" (4/5) mode.

Playing the way the game is deigned to be played should be the default, with achievements removed when playing easy mode. Otherwise whay bother calling them achievements?
Yeah I have no problem with that. My problem is not being given the option to save in a game like RDR 2 when it would be super easy to do. Worst part is, when you turn off the game and go back it takes you all the way to the camp and you need to ride all the way to the bloody mission area and listen to the same crap again.

Man of Honour
Yeah I have no problem with that. My problem is not being given the option to save in a game like RDR 2 when it would be super easy to do. Worst part is, when you turn off the game and go back it takes you all the way to the camp and you need to ride all the way to the bloody mission area and listen to the same crap again.

I just use quick resume.

Soldato

Lots of games have achievements for easy, normal hard etc.

I think it's quite subjective as well. What's easy for 1 player is not going to be for others based on natural skill, age, disabilities etc etc

Leave those easy objectives alone :p

Personally I quite often prefer story driven games on normal or easy, I don't have as much time to game these days and I like to just relax and enjoy it. I can't remember the last game I played on hard.

Associate
Lots of games have achievements for easy, normal hard etc.

I think it's quite subjective as well. What's easy for 1 player is not going to be for others based on natural skill, age, disabilities etc etc

Leave those easy objectives alone :p

Personally I quite often prefer story driven games on normal or easy, I don't have as much time to game these days and I like to just relax and enjoy it. I can't remember the last game I played on hard.

I agree. Don't gatekeep achievements ; not everyone plays games for the challenge. In fact, I'd wager most don't particularly as they get older.

Man of Honour
I play it on Steam, so no such thing unfortunately. Hopefully that makes more sense now why I think a quick save function would be a good option to have. People that don’t want to don’t need to use it.

I’m not against quick saves at all, the ones that delete the save as soon as it’s loaded. Most soulslike games have this.

Man of Honour
I agree. Don't gatekeep achievements ; not everyone plays games for the challenge. In fact, I'd wager most don't particularly as they get older.

“Don’t gatekeep achievements” must be the funniest three words I’ve read in the console section in a very long time. :cry::cry::cry:

They need a name change to “collectibles” if having to achieve something to get them is upsetting to some people :rolleyes:

Associate
“Don’t gatekeep achievements” must be the funniest three words I’ve read in the console section in a very long time. :cry::cry::cry:

They need a name change to “collectibles” if having to achieve something to get them is upsetting to some people :rolleyes:

You must lead a pretty humourless life then ...

Soldato

An achievement doesn't need to be something only achievable by playing on a higher difficulty. They can be based on play time, exploration, challenges, crafting and the list goes on. In a lot of games difficulty is solely based on toughness or enemies really and based on the wide range of achievement types I don't see why it should be defined by playing on hard.

Tbh it's not upsetting us as they are widely available to any level of skill in most games. It was actually you who appeared to have an issue with them not being locked down.

Soldato
Lost my love of gaming a good few years ago, since then I've thrown money at it trying to rekindle, vr, switch, ps Pro, Series x recently, nothing holds my attention. Probably need to accept and move on.

Such fond memories of planetside, wow etc

Man of Honour
An achievement doesn't need to be something only achievable by playing on a higher difficulty. They can be based on play time, exploration, challenges, crafting and the list goes on. In a lot of games difficulty is solely based on toughness or enemies really and based on the wide range of achievement types I don't see why it should be defined by playing on hard.

Tbh it's not upsetting us as they are widely available to any level of skill in most games. It was actually you who appeared to have an issue with them not being locked down.

I couldn’t care less about achievements, it’s just funny how much some people seem to care and get very upset about a number no one else ever looks at. The name is very ironic considering how many people search for short but easy games to grind away at increasing a pointless number.

If they actually reflected their namesake across all games then I might be interested in them.

You must lead a pretty humourless life then ...

Ooh, burn! Nice one!

Back
Top Bottom