Lost my love of gaming :(

Soldato
I couldn’t care less about achievements, it’s just funny how much some people seem to care and get very upset about a number no one else ever looks at. The name is very ironic considering how many people search for short but easy games to grind away at increasing a pointless number.

If they actually reflected their namesake across all games then I might be interested in them.

Ooh, burn! Nice one!

I agree, I have never understood the appeal of achievements, especially buying/playing games just for the achievements.

Caporegime
I stopped playing for years apart from very odd occasions where I saw something I liked. Pretty much stopped not long after my son was born until he was about 8 and wanted a console. Even now I find it hard to get excited by whats on offer. I don't think there's been a worse time to be a console gamer. Reworks, remasters and no one wanting to release anything for the new consoles because why would they with such a limited take up. By the time enough people have these consoles in homes the tech will be 2 plus years old.

Online gaming is now woeful compared to 360 days. I've played Gears exclusively for the last two years online and unless it's in a horde party I never hear a soul talk anymore. There's zero banter and the studio is run by the woke brigade so any swearing abuse and it's a ban.

Caporegime
I think this only applies to the PC side of things for me. Recently just finished up Assassin's Creed Ezio trilogy on PS4. Loved it. Now I've come to play Assassin's Creed III. I own nearly every Ubisoft title that is available on Ubisoft Connect for Windows so I started playing it on my PC. But playing without trophies makes it "weird" for want of a better word. I'm teetering on the edge of buying Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold for a second time so that I can get ACIII for the trophies. No wonder I'm always skint when I keep double dipping on digital games. :p

Associate
Plenty of ways these days to make your own game as a hobby, that can be as addictive as playing and you get more satisfaction, but it can be a big time sink.

I've replaced gaming with making games on a few occasions in the past, things like Game Maker, RPG maker, Pixel Game Maker, even if not serious about releasing games it can be a really good alternative to gaming, teaches a lot of useful skills while still being strongly related.

Associate
I’m the same 41 now been gaming all my life and loved it but now I have all good intentions when I’m at work to fire up the pc when I get home and play days gone or division etc but when I do actually get home and have some food I’m about ready to just switch the tv on and then bed time ! It’s annoying but then I spose we’re not 18 anymore

Soldato
Lost my love of gaming a good few years ago, since then I've thrown money at it trying to rekindle, vr, switch, ps Pro, Series x recently, nothing holds my attention. Probably need to accept and move on.

Such fond memories of planetside, wow etc

Just ordered a ps5 to see if that helps :rolleyes:

Soldato
I also need to get out of the habit of worrying about MS reward points on a weekly basis, I often play good easy games and only continue them when I need some trophies for my weekly streak, but really I should just play the game when I want and not worry. Anyone else get into this habit?

Soldato
I also need to get out of the habit of worrying about MS reward points on a weekly basis, I often play good easy games and only continue them when I need some trophies for my weekly streak, but really I should just play the game when I want and not worry. Anyone else get into this habit?
I know what you mean. I think its a good idea to have a couple of easy games lined up just for trophies and only play them when you need the x3 in the weekly rewards. Last game I did that on was donut county. Super easy to get and a relaxing enough game. If nothing else it gets you playing games you wouldn't usually play.

Caporegime

Absolutely. It's all I seem to be doing with Game Pass - pick a game, try it out until you have got a few of the easy achievements and then move on to the next one. I've had my Series S for 300 days now and I've only played a handful of games to the end - and that mostly happened because of that month where you can earn 10,000 reward points from achievements.

Soldato
I'm 40 and moved from PC Gaming to Series X in February with GamePass. if anything I've been playing more games than I used to on my PC and I've enjoyed gaming a lot more. Suits me so much better just to be able to switch it on and fire up a game in seconds and play it, it's so quiet and easy to use and all the temptations to tinker and mess about with temps etc have gone, now I just enjoy the games

Associate
I'm 49 and still have a blast gaming. I was lucky to get a ps5 a month after release. I have moved away from multiplayer games as I have got older and now focus mainly on single player games. My main focus is normally soulsborne games but I like anything with a challenge.

Man of Honour
Absolutely. It's all I seem to be doing with Game Pass - pick a game, try it out until you have got a few of the easy achievements and then move on to the next one. I've had my Series S for 300 days now and I've only played a handful of games to the end - and that mostly happened because of that month where you can earn 10,000 reward points from achievements.

See for me that ruins gaming, so I’d just rather ignore the points and “achievements” to just enjoy the games when I want to and play them how I want to.

Soldato
I know what you mean. I think its a good idea to have a couple of easy games lined up just for trophies and only play them when you need the x3 in the weekly rewards. Last game I did that on was donut county. Super easy to get and a relaxing enough game. If nothing else it gets you playing games you wouldn't usually play.

That's a recent game I played for the weekly x3 trophies, now have Limbo and some other game not sure of the spelling Ooni?? for these.

Soldato
I'm 45 and just can't keep up with multiplayer FPS games anymore. I like single player survival games, and slow paced games. Currently playing Metro Exodus and a golf game on PS5.

Associate
People's interest in gaming will decline over time. There's nothing out there that you haven't already seen before meaning boredom quickly sets in. Can try VR, but really I think most people would be better off trying another hobby.

Soldato
People's interest in gaming will decline over time. There's nothing out there that you haven't already seen before meaning boredom quickly sets in. Can try VR, but really I think most people would be better off trying another hobby.

You're right, most games I don't make it last 30m with because I know I've played it a hundred times before over the years just with worse graphics or whatever. The only game I'm remotely excited about is elder Scrolls 6 which is a bit poor considering how many games will come out before then.
Not to say I won't enjoy other games but it's super rare, the last ones I actually finished and enjoyed was Spiritfarer and procession to cavalry.
I honestly find it really hard to find another hobby for indoors, I'm not creative or artistic which rules out a huge amount of suggestions.

Soldato
I keep wanting to play new and interesting games then I turn on my xbox, see hades ready for quick resume and then I'm back in that damn game for 3 hours.

I don't seem to have patience for anything more complex these days.

Back
Top Bottom