Lost my mum

Associate
Stay strong, things seem to go wrong all at the same time and the little things start adding up but don't let yourself go down that rabbit hole.

Wishing you and your family all the best in these difficult times

Soldato
OP
Wow, amazing. So many good folk here paying respects. You're all making me cry. My mum would be proud of all of you for being so nice. So many great people in this world of ours.

So sorry to hear that.

Why does NHS have you on antibiotics, they don't do anything to viruses?

Well, I said to the doctor I couldn't cope anymore and needed something as I felt awful and I was sure I had a chest infection. I mean I was getting to the point of thinking maybe I need to go into hospital and I had called 111 a couple of times. They just never thought my symptoms were bad enough. No shortness of breath.

Doctor prescribed amoxcycillin and clarithromycin to kill off what she described as possible secondary infections but wouldn't kill the Coronavirus.
5 day course I began on Monday and finished last night. I was wretching so much and lost my appetite. Doc told me the Clarithromycin is a very strong drug and plays bloody havoc on the stomach, hence the wretching. She wasn't kidding! But apart from a remaining cough, my appetite came back last night, first proper meal I've eaten and enjoyed in over 2 weeks. I lost half a stone, can regain it now. I feel much better now, on the road to recovery! :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Wow, amazing. So many good folk here paying respects. You're all making me cry. My mum would be proud of all of you for being so nice. So many great people in this world of ours.

Well, I said to the doctor I couldn't cope anymore and needed something as I felt awful and I was sure I had a chest infection. I mean I was getting to the point of thinking maybe I need to go into hospital and I had called 111 a couple of times. They just never thought my symptoms were bad enough. No shortness of breath.

Doctor prescribed amoxcycillin and clarithromycin to kill off what she described as possible secondary infections but wouldn't kill the Coronavirus.
5 day course I began on Monday and finished last night. I was wretching so much and lost my appetite. Doc told me the Clarithromycin is a very strong drug and plays bloody havoc on the stomach, hence the wretching. She wasn't kidding! But apart from a remaining cough, my appetite came back last night, first proper meal I've eaten and enjoyed in over 2 weeks. I lost half a stone, can regain it now. I feel much better now, on the road to recovery! :)

Thats good to hear, all the best to you, at this difficult time. :)

Back
Top Bottom