• Yes V6 FE Manual - 5k paid

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Yes V6 FE Auto - 5k paid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes i4 DCT FE - 2k paid

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Still thinking about and NO deposit paid

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • 2k Deposit paid but making no decisions yet, holding out.

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
OcUK Staff
Hi there

Also had the call about my delivery options which were:
1. Home delivery
2. Collect from dealer.
3. Collect from factory for £195

I selected option 1, car ETA is still June. :)

Associate
The annoying part of that update Gibbo, is Lotus saying there are 7 new palette shades coming next year. Be a pain in the rear if they release a colour you really want then! But if its 3 different blacks, 3 silvers and a white its fine :cry:

OcUK Staff
The annoying part of that update Gibbo, is Lotus saying there are 7 new palette shades coming next year. Be a pain in the rear if they release a colour you really want then! But if its 3 different blacks, 3 silvers and a white its fine :cry:

It is fair to say white is absolutely one of them, I've seen a brighter red car also been tested in South America which looks great, so maybe another colour.

To be honest if they start to fetch overs I will simply sell mine, take the profits and then order a base V6 in the colour I want along with the more basic seats (less weight) and maybe basic stereo (less weight) and in a colour I want as its fair to say their will be an orange as its one of Lotus more interesting and popular colours and hopefully something like Vivid green will make an appearance.

My view is if someone wants to say give me 85k, 90k or 100k to get an early car I will probably just do that and re-order the base V6 for around 75k and just wait. Plus my thinking is that will be three Lotus purchased and close to 250k spent with the brand, so if and when the GT4 comes it would hopefully increase my chances of getting one. :)

OcUK Staff
A good ploy sir.

Maybe they release an Orange to match the Exige!

I am a bag of skittles guy so always like to try and vary the colours, otherwise I'd just order Emira in yellow to match 458, went with blue as it was only colour I was confident with having seen it. If I love it but sell it I shall re-order and aim for a red or green, I'd only buy orange if I sold the Exige but if I keep it then the Emira needs to be different colour, a bright metallic green would be favourite or a bright solid red. :)

Associate
Hi there

Also had the call about my delivery options which were:
1. Home delivery
2. Collect from dealer.
3. Collect from factory for £195

I selected option 1, car ETA is still June. :)

When did you order again?

I called them up and mines shifted to August. I ordered at Goodwood. They also didn't want any more than the £5k I'd given them which is a positive...I think?

OcUK Staff
When did you order again?

I called them up and mines shifted to August. I ordered at Goodwood. They also didn't want any more than the £5k I'd given them which is a positive...I think?

I ordered day before Goodwood, around July 6th I think.

I think early July 7th orders are July and August and the ones a few days later as Goodwood was finishing are like September to October. In short anyone who ordered after July is gonna be delivery next year it seems now and anyone placing an order today will have around a 65-75 week time.

Yea total deposit £4800 they never bothered with third deposit idea.

Associate
I ordered day before Goodwood, around July 6th I think.

I think early July 7th orders are July and August and the ones a few days later as Goodwood was finishing are like September to October. In short anyone who ordered after July is gonna be delivery next year it seems now and anyone placing an order today will have around a 65-75 week time.

Yea total deposit £4800 they never bothered with third deposit idea.

Ah fair enough. I was the Friday of Goodwood, so 9th July.

Have they given you an actual date, as I've just got "August". I've put £5,000 down. £2k at Goodwood and £3k 15/11/21, but yes he said they'd abandoned the 10% deposit, not really sure why (maybe they got enough cash from the amount of orders?)

OcUK Staff
Ah fair enough. I was the Friday of Goodwood, so 9th July.

Have they given you an actual date, as I've just got "August". I've put £5,000 down. £2k at Goodwood and £3k 15/11/21, but yes he said they'd abandoned the 10% deposit, not really sure why (maybe they got enough cash from the amount of orders?)

My phone call went along the lines of your car is on time with no delays with an ETA of June, I’m amongst the first orders as the biggest glut of deposits was during Goodwood.

They will contact me again in late April or early May to discuss payment/finance options as that needs doing 30 days prior to delivery.

Id say a July 9th order is probably gonna be September / October delivery time I think they plan on doing all the Goodwood orders to ensure delivery this year but will then switch production to LHD V6 models to get some cars into other territories as well.

Initial plans were 550 cars a month built but because they already sold so many they will push to make 1100 per month by running 24/7 shifts as they have thousands of orders and the real production reviews or demo cars have not even hit yet.

If Top Gear give a glowing review or better still the car gets TV time with Chris Harris singing it’s praises they’ll get a load more orders again. Those getting cars this year are in a strong position but next year normality should somewhat resume unless they run into a parts supply issue.

Soldato
I'm so excited about the Emira even though I know I'll never even drive one, let alone own one. Perhaps my feelings are skewed because its being built just 2.2 miles (as the crow flies) from my front door.

Back
Top Bottom