Lotus Exige and BMW M3

olv

olv

Soldato
Took some photos of some friend's cars on Saturday. First time using multiple speedlites to light a car (I used two 430EX) so I'm quite pleased with some of them. I would appreciate some critique :)

IMG_3576.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

IMG_3591.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_3614.jpg

IMG_3623.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3709.jpg

IMG_3726.jpg

IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3740.jpg

More here.

Associate
Wow dude!! Really like the picys, the lotus looks great. Lightings's really nice but I would've reduced exposure a little on the first one & probably reduced the power of the flash too, to create a bit more atmosphere. The second & thrid shots are ok but agin are a little flat beacuse the eveness of light.

5 and 6 are nice and I think 11 would've ben better wide-open to blur the background.

I too like the sort-of fisheye/very wide angle lotus
Man I'm sounding really harsh. I really like the images just a few small things 'I' would change but in reality they're only small niggles.

3688, 3695 and 3579 are really nice too.

Last edited:

olv

olv

Soldato
OP
Wow dude!! Really like the picys, the lotus looks great. Lightings's really nice but I would've reduced exposure a little on the first one & probably reduced the power of the flash too, to create a bit more atmosphere. The second & thrid shots are ok but agin are a little flat beacuse the eveness of light.

5 and 6 are nice and I think 11 would've ben better wide-open to blur the background.

I too like the sort-of fisheye/very wide angle lotus
Man I'm sounding really harsh. I really like the images just a few small things 'I' would change but in reality they're only small niggles.

3688, 3695 and 3579 are really nice too.

You dont sound harsh at all, i appreciate your comments.

I really would have preferred to open the shutter and get more ambient light in but the car park wasn't empty and I didn't want other cars in the shot so that's why I decided to try and cut out the background. I've put a completely blacked out version on my website which i think works quite well http://www.devolv.co.uk/

I agree though as I prefer the style of shot that shadowness(I think) posted of the evo earlier.

I'm kind of pleased that you picked up on the eveness of the light as that's what I was trying to do. I didn't really know where to start so I just went with symmetrical lighting to start with without much consideration of why. I think if I had more lights and could either throw some highlights at the rear or light the wall behind it they might have stood out a bit more.

One of the things I didn't like was that if I moved my speedlites too far away they weren't really powerful enough at 1/1 to do much so I had to move them quite close to the cars for most of the shots so I ended up shooting with my 10-20mm for the whole time. In hindsight I could have taken #11 with my 50mm 1.8 and thrown the background out of focus. Perhaps I'll do that next time.

Thanks for your input :)

Back
Top Bottom