• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Loud Fan Noise - MSI GeForce GTX 1660 ARMOR OC 6GB

Associate
I have just purchased a MSI GeForce GTX 1660 ARMOR OC 6GB and the fan noise is loud even at 30-35 degrees. I'm assuming the fans are running at full speed for some reason?

In the first instance what is the best way to control the fan speed of the GPU, so I can see if that if that will cure the issue?

Thanks

Associate
OP
I don't think they should be spinning at low temps - According to MSI specs it has 'ZERO FROZR' feature 'technology stops the fans completely when temperatures are relatively low' ... I'll try afterburner but as you say I think this card may be faulty as the fans seem to be a full speed all the time.

Associate
I don't think they should be spinning at low temps - According to MSI specs it has 'ZERO FROZR' feature 'technology stops the fans completely when temperatures are relatively low' ... I'll try afterburner but as you say I think this card may be faulty as the fans seem to be a full speed all the time.

Try a clean install of the driver if you have not already, might just be a bug on installing the driver.

Soldato
Been a while since had a card with fans on it fully watercooled here
But think the zero rpm or whatever name each maker calls it is usually until approx 60c
And also got a feeling it may be independent of the driver
Ie part of the cards bios
As gpu bios updates are sometimes issued to solve fan noise/profile

Can't hurt to redo the driver anyway though

Back
Top Bottom