Louis Theroux: Miami Mega Jail

Soldato
Louis always irritates me, he comes across as a bit slimy.

Kinda like how you picture those people who scam old, confused people.

i think hes weird (he is) but i would never call him slimey or compare him to a scammer

for me hes one of the most honest people on tv , certainly the most honest journalist on there!

he knows what everyone wants to know and then he gets straight to the point without messing around. often comes across as very sarcastic because some of the things he asks are so obvious or its obvious what the answer will be , but he asks anyway and if he doesn't get an answer he just asks again and again (like tonight when dealing with the hole 'jail code' thing)

he nearly alway gets results from people who rarely talk to people like him and its usually entertaining

not sold on the subject matter tonight though , an hour of moronic thugs speaking about being moronic thugs. not interested

Soldato
Really enjoyed watching this, looking forward to the next part. Above all I feel it's disgusting that a jail like this can exist in such a wealthy democracy as the US, and I would be ashamed of the facility if I was a member of the political elite there. As one of the guards said though, $600 million to rectify the problems is a lot of money that the country doesn't have.

AGD

AGD

Soldato
The way I understand it, taking the insanity plea guy, they are people who have confessed to the crime and are awaiting trial to determin the severity of the sentance.

Well I haven't found anything to suggest that everyone in there has confessed - some are simply awaiting bail.

One guy who got beaten up on the show was in there for driving with a suspended license. Putting people in those conditions will not help them reform or act better in custody and it is not humane treatment. The authorities are responsible for the situation.

Associate
I enjoyed it, some of the guys he was speaking to looked/acted 'normal' but then when they started talking openly about beatings, murder and extortion it was really unnerving. still very good though

Associate
For a moment I was expecting the little guy to jump up and take a bite out of LT's face.

Louis.jpg

Crazy people.

Soldato
Looking forward to part two next week :)

I do enjoy the tact with which LT engages people - obtaining the information for the viewer whilst engaging the person in a way which means they will neither clam up or kick his arse :p

Soldato
I just cannot believe they don't have security cameras in the cells.

There was loads of guys in 1 cell, if they had cameras some of them would just block them.

And you can't blame the guards for letting as much go on as it does, they are out numbered and don't appear to have the resources.
Could you imagine always trying to break up the fights, especially as there are quite a few stabbings.

I guess in one way the prisoners run it from the inside and their code of conduct kind of takes care of it.

Associate
An interesting documentary.

- The guy who said he was going to plead insanity made me uncomfortable. He's obviously not insane, but he's not right in the head.

- It's a shame as some of them actually look like they have some intelligence, yet theri lack of morales is just..frightening.

Will be watching the second half.

Caporegime
So no one else thought it odd that america places innocent people into these hell-holes? :confused:

What, after Guantanamo Bay? This just gives you a small measure of the way that the US treats people, and why there are so many haters out there.

I recommend a documentary called, 'Taxi to the Dark Side' to see more of how the US treats other human beings.

Back
Top Bottom